I X . D I S A S S E M B L Y A N D A S S E M B L Y
The Hurricane PMV requires no tools for disassembly or assembly. Always disassemble or assemble your Hurri-
cane PMV on a level, dry surface with sufficient room for you to work and move around your PMV. Keep in mind
that the disassembled sections of the Hurricane PMV will take up more floor space than the assembled Hurricane
You can disassemble the Hurricane PMV into six pieces: the seat, the front frame, the rear frame, the rear shroud,
and the batteries. You can also remove the utility tray if necessary. Place the PMV in an area where you have
sufficient clearance to move the parts around. You need about four or five feet in all directions. You may need
assistance to lift some of the PMV components. See IV. "Specifications" for individual component weights.
1. Place the manual freewheel lever in the drive (down)
2. Unplug the charger, coil the cord, and store it in the
3. Pull up on the seat lock rotation to unlock the seat.
Rotate the seat an eighth of a turn and lift the seat up
and off of the Hurricane PMV.
4. Gently lift the rear shroud off of the Hurricane PMV.
5. Unplug the rear lighting harness. See figure 14.
6. Unplug the large, white, 9-pin front-to-rear cable har-
ness that connects the front control console harness to
the electronic controller module. See figure 15.
7. Disconnect the motor harness. (This is only necessary
if removing the utility tray.) See figure 16.
8. Disconnect the battery tie-down strap.
FIGURE 14. REAR LIGHTING HARNESS
FIGURE 15. FRONT-TO-REAR CABLE HARNESS
FIGURE 16. MOTOR HARNESS
FIGURE 17. BATTERY HARNESS