The XM Radio system will not fit in a vehicle equipped with a navigation system or a rear entertainment system. PARTS LIST XM Radio Attachment Kit (sold separately): P/N 08B15-S9V-100 DIN cable XM radio harness Unit bracket Double-sided adhesive tape,...
XM Antenna Kit (sold separately): P/N 08A15-1E1-100 Antenna Base Kit (sold separately): P/N 08A15-1E1-000 Display module FM modulator unit Receiver unit Owner’s Manual DIN Bezel (sold separately): P/N 08B23-S9V-100A DIN bezel 2 of 14 TOOL AND SUPPLIES REQUIRED #2 Phillips screwdriver Flat-tip screwdriver Utility knife Diagonal cutters...
Illustration of an Installed XM Radio System MODULATOR UNIT RECEIVER UNIT VEHICLE 20-PIN CONNECTOR DISPLAY MODULE XM RADIO HARNESS FM MODULATOR UNIT DIN CABLE © 2003 American Honda Motor Co., Inc - All Rights Reserved. INSTALLATION Customer Information: The information in this installation instruction is intended for use only by ANTENNA skilled technicians who have the proper tools,...
Remove the four screws that fasten the audio bracket. Pull the audio unit out toward you, and unplug the vehicle connector and antenna cable from the rear of the audio unit. If equipped with a cassette/in-dash CD changer, unplug the additional connectors.
Remove the four screws that fasten the left and right vehicle bracket. Pull the heater control unit and pocket toward you, and unplug the vehicle connectors. HEATER CONTROL UNIT LEFT VEHICLE BRACKET SCREW Remove the left and right vehicle brackets (six self-tapping screws), and separate the heater control unit from pocket.
14. Fit the DIN bezel around the display module pocket. Set the heater control unit on the display module pocket, and reinstall the left and right vehicle brackets using the two self-tapping screws removed in step 9. Attach the display module to brackets with three self-tapping screws supplied with the XM radio attachment kit.
18. On the driver’s side of the vehicle, remove the center console lower cover (gently pull the cover out toward you to release the seven clips). Take care not to damage the clips. DRIVER’S CENTER CONSOLE LOWER COVER 19. Get the XM radio harness, the subantenna cables, and the fuse labels.
22. Plug the audio unit vehicle 20-pin connector into the XM radio 20-pin connector that is blue-taped to the XM radio harness. Wrap one EPT sealer around the subantenna cable in the area shown. SUBANTENNA CABLE XM RADIO HARNESS 20-PIN CONNECTOR 23.
28. Plug the XM radio harness 20-pin connector and sub antenna cable into the audio unit, and carefully slide the audio unit into the dashboard. Reinstall the four audio unit screws. SUBANTENNA CABLE SCREW (4) (reused) 29. Secure the XM radio harness, subantenna cables, and display module cable to the vehicle pipe with two wire ties.
33. Measure and slit the driver’s floor carpet in the area shown. Be careful not to damage the subantenna cables and XM radio harness when cutting the floor carpet. FLOOR CARPET 50 mm WIRE TIE DISPLAY MODULE CABLE SUBANTENNA CABLE 34.
37. Remove the fuel lid door opener lever, then remove the left front door sill trim (three clips and two retaining tabs). RETAINING FUEL LID DOOR OPENER LEVER CLIPS (2) 38. Remove the weatherstrip from the left kick panel. Remove the upper clip from the left kick panel, then pull the left kick panel out toward you to release the retaining clip.
43. Route the antenna unit cable along the front windshield and the top of the dashboard. Insert the antenna unit cable with the EPT seals between the windshield and the dashboard. ANTENNA UNIT CABLE Insert. ANTENNA UNIT CABLE Insert. Route under the dashboard.
47. Continue routing the antenna unit cable alongside the vehicle harness, and out through the hole in the floor carpet under the driver's seat. Secure the antenna unit cable to the vehicle harness with four wire ties in the area shown. FLOOR CARPET HOLE...
53. Get the five wire ties with clips and two wire ties. Secure all of the cablse to the unit bracket in the order shown: XM radio harness, subantenna cables, and the display module cable. XM radio harness, subantenna cables, and the display module cable.