If Ice Maker Is Currently Installed
NOTE: If ice maker is not installed, please proceed to "Drain
Pump Installation" section.
1. Push the selector switch to the Off position.
Electrical Shock Hazard
Disconnect power before servicing.
Replace all parts and panels before operating.
Failure to do so can result in death or electrical shock.
2. Unplug ice maker or disconnect power.
3. Turn off water supply. Wait 5 to 10 minutes for the ice to fall
into the storage bin. Remove all ice from bin.
4. Unscrew the drain cap from the bottom of the water pan
located inside the storage bin. Allow water to drain
completely. Replace drain cap. See "Drain Cap" illustration.
A. Drain cap
5. If ice maker is built into cabinets, pull ice maker out of the
6. Disconnect water supply line. See "Water Supply Line"
Water Supply Line
A. " copper tubing
B. Cable clamp
C. " compression nut
D. Ferrule (sleeve)
E. Ice maker connection
Drain Pump Installation
NOTE: Do not kink, smash or damage tubes or wires during
1. Unplug ice maker or disconnect power.
2. Remove rear panel. See "Rear Panel" illustration for 5 screw
locations. Pull rear panel away from the drain tube and
A. Screw locations
3. Remove the old drain tube and clamp attached to the ice
NOTE: Discard old drain tube and clamp.
4. Install new drain tube ( " ID x 5 ") from ice maker bin to
drain pump reservoir inlet using new adjustable clamps. See
"Drain Tube" illustration.
Do not kink.
Trim tube length, if required.
A. " adjustable hose clamp
B. Drain tube (ice bin to drain pump)
5. Install vent tube (
" ID x 32" [81 cm]) to drain pump reservoir
vent. Use one
" small adjustable clamp, supplied. See
"Parts Locations" illustration.
NOTE: Do not install household drain tube at this time.
C. " adjustable hose clamp
D. Drain pump reservoir inlet