10. Remove, clean and replace the ice scoop and ice scoop
NOTE: On some models, the ice scoop holder is located in
the upper left of the unit, and on other models, the ice scoop
holder is located in the lower left of the unit.
After removing the ice scoop, remove the holder by
removing the 2 screws.
Wash the ice scoop holder along with the other interior
components using the following instructions.
Replace the ice scoop holder by replacing the screws.
B. Ice scoop holder
Electrical Shock Hazard
Disconnect power before servicing.
Replace all parts and panels before operating.
Failure to do so can result in death or electrical shock.
To Shut Down the Ice Maker:
1. Unplug ice maker or disconnect power.
2. Remove all ice from storage bin.
3. Shut off the water supply.
4. Remove the 2 screws in the lower access panel and the 2
screws from the base grille area of the front panel support.
Pull forward to remove the lower access panel.
11. Wash the interior components (cutter grid, exterior of hoses,
and water pan) and the storage bin, door gasket, ice scoop,
and ice scoop holder with mild soap or detergent and warm
water. Rinse in clean water. Then clean the same parts with a
solution of 1 tbs (15 mL) of household bleach in 1 gal. (3.8 L)
warm water. Rinse again thoroughly in clean water.
NOTE: Do not remove hoses. Do not wash plastic parts in
dishwasher. They cannot withstand temperatures above
12. To replace the water pan, set the water pan inside the ice bin.
Hook up the water pan pump. Snap the pump bracket back
onto the water pan and place back into position. Secure the
water pan by replacing the mounting screw.
13. Check the following:
14. Slide the cutter grid back into place and secure it by
replacing the right-hand screw and plastic spacer. Then
tighten the left-hand screw. Reconnect the cutter grid
harness and the ice level sensor harness.
15. Replace the cutter grid cover.
16. Gently wipe the control panel with a soft, clean dishcloth
using warm water and a mild liquid dish detergent.
17. Plug in ice maker or reconnect power.
18. After cleaning, make sure that all controls are set properly
and that no control indicators are flashing.
Vacation and Moving Care
5. Disconnect the inlet and outlet lines to water valve. Allow
these lines to drain and then reconnect to the valve.
6. Replace lower access panel and screws.
7. Drain water from water pan by removing the drain cap.
8. If the room temperature will drop below 32°F (0°C), water
must be removed from the drain line.
For Ice Makers with a Drain Pump Installed:
9. Before using again, clean the ice maker and storage bin.
10. Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
NOTE: All components of the ice maker are permanently
lubricated at the factory. They should not require any additional
oiling throughout the normal life of the machine.
Drain cap from the water pan is securely in place. If the
drain cap is loose, water will empty from the water pan,
and you will have either thin ice or no ice.
Hose from water pan is inserted into storage bin drain
Plug in ice maker or reconnect power.
Turn ice maker off and remove all remaining ice from ice
Pour 1 qt (0.95 L) of water into the ice bin near the drain
and let the ice maker stand for approximately 5 minutes.
This will allow the water in the bin to drain into the drain
pump so that the pump will remove the remaining water
from the ice bin and the drain pump.
Unplug ice maker or disconnect power.