Compatible with low voltage multi-stage heat
pump systems with up to two stages of heating
and two stages of cooling. Not for use on
single-stage heating or cooling systems.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING
TESTING YOUR NEW THERMOSTAT
PROGRAMMING USER SETTINGS
ADDITIONAL OPERATION FEATURES
© 2005 Braeburn Systems LLC • Patents Pending • All Rights Reserved. Pub. No. 5200-100-008
Universal 7 Day or 5-2
2 Heat/2 Cool Heat Pump
Important Safety Information
• Always turn off power to the air conditioning or heating system prior to installing, removing,
cleaning or servicing thermostat.
• Read this manual thoroughly prior to installing, programming or operating this thermostat.
• This thermostat is designed for use with a 24 Volt AC low voltage multi-stage heat pump system.
• Do not use this thermostat on systems with voltages higher than 30 Volts AC.
• This thermostat requires 24 Volt AC Power for normal operation and control of the heating or
• The thermostat also requires two (2) properly installed "AA" alkaline batteries to retain clock
settings in the event of loss of AC Power due to power outage or rolling blackouts.
• Wiring must conform to all building codes and ordinances as required by local and national code
authorities having jurisdiction.
• Do not short (or jumper) across terminals on the gas valve or at the heating or cooling system
control board to test the thermostat installation. This could damage the thermostat and void
• Do not select COOL mode of operation if the outside temperature is below 50˚ F (10˚ C). This
could possibly damage the controlled cooling system and may cause personal injury.
• This thermostat should only be used as described in this manual. Any other use is not
recommended and will void the warranty.
• Electrical Rating: 24 Volt AC (18-30 Volt AC)
1 amp maximum load per terminal
3 amp maximum load (all terminals)
• Control Range: 45˚ - 90˚ F (7˚ - 32˚ C)
• Accuracy: +/- 1˚ F (+/- .5˚ C)
• AC Power: 18-30 Volt AC
• DC Back-Up Power: 3.0 Volt DC (2 AA Alkaline batteries included)
• Compatibility: Multi-stage heat pump systems with up to two stages
of heating and two stages of cooling
• Terminations: R, Y1, Y2, W1, W2, E, G, O, B, L, C
Replacing Existing Thermostat
1. Always turn off power to the air conditioning or heating system prior to removing
2. Remove the cover of your old thermostat and locate the wire terminals. Do not remove
wires from terminals yet.
3. Using small pieces of masking tape, label wires prior to removal from terminals. Use
the chart below to determine the new terminal designations for your new thermostat.
Old Terminal from
New Terminal for
R, V-VR or VR-R
Y, Y1 or M
W1, W2 or W-U
G or F
O or R
L or X
C, X or B
24 Volt AC
Stage 1 Cooling or Heating
Stage 2 Cooling
Stage 2 Heating
Reversing Valve (Cooling)
Reversing Valve (Heating)
System Status LED
24 Volt AC, Transformer Common