2 Inspect & Plan
You have received a carton containing your U-Line Wine
Captain®, Refrigerator, or Beverage Center with a package inside
containing a Use and Care Guide and a Product Registration Card.
Complete and mail the Product Registration Card or register
online at www.U-LineService.com. Once your unit is installed,
keep the Use and Care Guide and this Installation Guide in a safe
place for future reference.
This installation guide covers the following models.
Unwrap and inspect the unit on a flat, level surface capable of
supporting it's entire weight.
Tools / Material Required
• Screwdrivers — slotted and Phillips head
• 1/4-inch thick door panel material and cutting tools (If installing
a 1/4" Panel)
(optional for finishing wood fronts)
• Minwax® Water-Based Wood Stain
• Minwax® Polycrylic® Protective Finish
• Foam Applicator and / or Synthetic Bristle Brush
• 220 grit Sandpaper
• 280 grit Sandpaper
Black and White Models:
• Black and White surfaces may be cleaned with a mild detergent
and warm water solution. Do not use solvent-based or abrasive
cleaners. Use a soft sponge and rinse with clean water. Wipe
with a soft, clean towel to prevent water spotting.
• Stainless door panels, handles and frames can discolor when
exposed to chlorine gas, pool chemicals, salt water or cleaners
• Clean any glass door fronts with a non-chlorine glass cleaner.
• Keep your Stainless unit looking new by cleaning with a good
quality all-in-one stainless steel cleaner/polish on a monthly
basis. For best results use Claire Stainless Steel Polish and
Cleaner, which can be purchased from U-Line Corporation
(Part numbers 173348). Frequent cleaning will remove surface
contamination that could lead to rust. Some installations may
require cleaning on a weekly basis.
• Do not clean with steel wool pads.
• Use of abrasive pads such as Scotchbrite will cause the
graining in the stainless to become blurred.
• Do not use stainless steel cleaners/polishes on any glass
• Do not use cleaners that are not specifically intended
for stainless steel on stainless surfaces (this includes
glass, tile and counter cleaners).
• If any surface discolors or rust appears, clean it quickly with
Bon-Ami or Barkeepers Friend Cleanser and a non-abrasive
cloth. Always clean in the direction of the grain. Always finish
this process with Claire Stainless Steel Polish and Cleaner or
comparable product to prevent further problems.
Rust that is allowed to linger can penetrate into the
surface of the stainless steel and complete removal of the
rust may not be possible.