8 Door Panel Installation
Custom 1/4'' Thick Door Panel Insert
Door Panel Preparation
A custom door panel may be inserted into the doorframe. Custom
door panels can be flat or raised, as long as the maximum panel
thickness where inserted into the door reveal (channel) is no more
than 1/4" thick. For raised panels, the depth of the reveal is 1/4" on
all four sides.
Raised panels will reduce the door's 90° swing/zero
clearance if the unit is installed next to a wall or similar
type of structure.
The door panel must not weigh more than 20 lbs.
Door Panel Installation
Install the insert as follows:
Use care when handling the insert. Insert edges may be
1. Remove top hinge screw pin
with Phillips head screwdriver.
Remove door by tilting
forward and lifting off bottom
2. Pull door gasket out of groove (top
edge of door only). Start in the
middle and pull outward, moving
toward the edge. This may take some
3. Remove two outside screws holding
door handle. Slightly separate door
handle from door.
4. Pull handle up and off.
5. Slide custom door panel insert into 1/4-inch channel in door
Use care not to damage magnet, located on door bottom
when installing door insert. Do not set door on bottom
edge when pushing insert into place.
6. Holding door gasket out of the way, replace handle on door,
making sure it is seated properly on insert and that screw holes
7. Install two small screws removed in Step 3.
8. Starting at the corners and working inward, push door gasket
into place on door.
9. Place door on bottom hinge pin and install upper hinge screw.