1. Before starting the engine, fill the
fuel tank with the fuel.
2. Perform the pre-operation checks
on the machine.
3. Start and warm up the engine.
Check the idle speed, and check
the operation of the controls and
the engine stop switch. Then, re-
start the engine and check its op-
eration within no more than 5
minutes after it is restarted.
4. Operate the machine in the lower
gears at moderate throttle open-
ings for five to eight minutes.
5. Check how the engine runs when
the machine is ridden with the
throttle 1/4 to 1/2 open (low to me-
dium speed) for about one hour.
6. Restart the engine and check the
operation of the machine through-
out its entire operating range. Re-
start the machine and operate it
for about 10 to 15 more minutes.
The machine will now be ready to
• After the break-in or before each
race, you must check the entire
machine for loose fittings and
fasteners as per "TORQUE-
CHECK POINTS". Tighten all
such fasteners as required.
• When any of the following parts
have been replaced, they must
be broken in.
CYLINDER AND CRANKSHAFT:
About one hour of break-in oper-
ation is necessary.
PISTON, RING, VALVES, CAM-
SHAFTS AND GEARS:
These parts require about 30
minutes of break-in operation at
half-throttle or less. Observe the
condition of the engine carefully
STARTING AND BREAK-IN