Caring for the dishwasher.
Before you call for service...
Save time and money! Review the charts on the following pages, or
visit www.GEAppliances.com. You may not need to call for service.
Control panel lights
Time too long between
go off when you're
touching of selected pads
Some of the sounds you'll
hear are normal
Utensils are not secure in
the rack or something small
has dropped into the rack
Detergent left in
Dishes are blocking the
Water standing in the
This is normal
bottom of the tub
Water won't pump
Drain is clogged
out of the tub
Correct detergent wasn't used
Rinse agent was spilled
Stainless Steel Panels
The stainless steel panels can be cleaned
with CERAMA BRYTE
Appliance Cleaner or a similar product
using a clean, soft cloth.
You can order CERAMA BRYTE
Steel Appliance Cleaner through GE Parts
by calling 800.626.2002.
Stainless Steel Interior—Tub and Inner Door
The stainless steel used to make the
dishwasher tub and inner door provides
the highest reliability available in a GE
dishwasher. If the dishwasher tub or inner
door should be scratched or dented during
normal use, they will not rust or corrode.
These surface blemishes will not affect
their function or durability.
What To Do
• Each pad must be touched within 30 seconds of the others.
To relight, touch any pad again, or unlatch and relatch door.
• Detergent cup opening.
• The motor stopping during the drying period.
• Water draining out of the tub immediately after you touch
• Make sure everything is secured in dishwasher.
• Dishwasher has not been used on a regular basis. If you
do not use your dishwasher often, set it to fill and pump out
once every week. This will help keep the seal moist.
• Reposition the dishes.
• A small amount of clean water around the outlet on the tub
bottom at the back of the tub keeps the water seal lubricated.
• If you have an air gap, clean it.
• Check to see if your kitchen sink is draining well. If not,
you may need a plumber.
• If the dishwasher drains into a disposer, run disposer clear.
• Use only automatic dishwasher detergents to avoid sudsing.
detergents have been approved for use in all GE dishwashers.
• To remove suds from the tub, open the dishwasher and let
suds dissipate. Add 1 gallon of cold water to the tub. Pump
out water by starting any cycle and then resetting the unit
after 10 seconds (see About the dishwasher control panel
section). Repeat if necessary.
• Always wipe up rinse agent spills immediately.