STEP 5: INSTALL POWER CORD
Skip this step if dishwasher will be permanently connected
to the house electrical system.
In this step you will need the junction box cover and the
#10 x 1/2" hex head screw from the screw kit set aside in
The power cord and connections must comply with the
National Electrical Code, Section 422 and/or local codes and
ordinances. Maximum power cord length is 6 feet. Power Cord
Kit WX09X70910, available for purchase from an authorized GE
Appliance Dealer, meets these requirements.
• Install strain relief in junction box bracket.
• Insert power cord through strain relief and tighten.
• Make sure black, white and green dishwasher wires are
threaded through small hole in junction box bracket.
• Connect power cord white (or ribbed) to dishwasher white
wire, black (or smooth) to dishwasher black wire and ground
to dishwasher green wire. Use UL listed wire nuts of
• Install junction box cover using #10 Hex head screw. Be sure
wires are not pinched under the cover.
STEP 6: INSTALL 90° ELBOW
• Wrap a 90° elbow with
thread seal tape.
• Thread 90° elbow
onto the water valve.
• Do not over tighten
elbow. Water valve
bend or water valve
fitting could break.
• Position the end of
the elbow to face the
rear of the dishwasher.
Front of Dishwasher
Thread Seal Tape
STEP 7: INSTALL DRAIN HOSE TO
Skip this step if drain hose has been pre-installed.
In this step you will need the drain hose and clamp set aside in
• Stand dishwasher upright.
• Place drain hose clamp over 1-3/16" diameter end of drain
hose. Position clamp so screw is on bottom side of hose.
Refer to Figure L.
– Prevent drain hose damage and
possible leaks. Be careful not to nick or cut the drain hose.
• Push the end of the drain hose over the drain pump outlet
being careful not to disturb the check valve. Refer to Figure L.
• Seat the drain hose end against the hose stops on the
• Position hose clamp against the front lip of the drain hose
and tighten clamp.
Note: Drain hose supplied with dish washer is approximately
78" long. If a longer hose is needed, a 120" long hose (10 feet)
may be purchased from an authorized GE appliance dealer.
The 10' long hose
is part number
Tip: Avoid unnecessary service charges. Make a leak free
Insert hose against stop on pump. Position clamp against front
lip of drain hose with clamp screw on bottom side of hose.
Tighten clamp to at least 15 inch-pounds of torque.
Tip: Reduce drain pump noise
Position drain hose clamp so screw is on the bottom side of the
hose. This will prevent noise caused by the clamp coming in
contact with the tub bottom. Refer to Figure L.
Do Not Remove
1871 Art 3