MPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR MOVING THE ANSWERER
To move the answerer to a different location in the house, follow these instructions:
1. Disconnect the phone line or any phones you may have connected to the unit.
2. Install a battery, if you have not already done so. This will ensure that your messages are
not lost. See "Installing the Battery".
3. Go to the electrical outlet and unplug the power supply. DO NOT UNPLUG THE POWER
JACK CONNECTED TO THE UNIT. If you do, all memory will be erased.
4. Move the unit and phone line to the desired location.
5. Plug in the power supply into an electrical outlet.
6. The MESSAGES indicator shows that the messages have not been erased.
7. Connect all necessary phone lines.
Before using your new answerer, you should record a greeting (the announcement callers hear
when your answering system answers a call). If you don't record a greeting, callers hear a default
greeting which says, "After tone, record message."
When recording the greeting you should be about 6 inches from the unit. Eliminate as much
background noise as possible.
1. Prepare your greeting.
Sample Greeting: Hi, this is (use your name here). I can't answer the phone right now, so please leave
your name, number, and a brief message after the tone, and I'll get back to you. Thanks.
2. Hold down the GREETING button. Record after the tone.
3. Release GREETING when you finish.
To review the greeting, press and release GREETING.
To return to the answerer's default greeting after you've recorded one, press GREETING and
release it when you hear the tone, or press erase when the greeting is playing.