1. Plug the telephone line cord into a modular wall jack.
2. Connect the telephone line cord from your telephone into
the jack on the back of the answerer marked PHONE.
(You don't have to connect your telephone in order for the
answerer to record incoming messages.)
3. Connect the small end of the power supply into the
POWER 9V AC jack on the back of the answerer. Plug the
other end into an AC power outlet. The unit beeps 3 times
and is ready for setup or to answer calls with the default
greeting and settings.
NOTE: Only use the Thomson 5-2434A power supply
that was packed with this unit. Using other power
supplies may damage the unit.
• Never install telephone wiring during
a lightning storm.
• Never touch uninsulated telephone
wires or terminals, unless the
telephone line has been discon-
nected at the network interface.
• Use caution when installing or
modifying telephone lines.