keyboard tabs (4)
8. Release the keyboard cable connector latches and disconnect the keyboard cable from the system board connector.
keyboard cable connector latches (2)
9. Lift the keyboard off the palm rest assembly.
Replacing the Keyboard
1. Follow the procedures in
2. Slide the keyboard cable into the connector on the system board and press down on the keyboard cable connector latches to secure the keyboard
3. Slide the tabs on the keyboard into the slots on the palm rest assembly and lower the keyboard into place.
4. Gently press around the edges of the keyboard to secure the keyboard under the tabs on the palm rest assembly.
5. Turn the computer over and replace the three screws that secure the keyboard to the computer base.
6. Replace the battery (see
Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.
Back to Contents Page