13. Remove the screw that secures the I/O board to the computer base.
14. Lift the I/O board and ease the connectors on the I/O board out of the computer base.
Replacing the I/O Board
1. Follow the procedures in
2. Align the connectors on the I/O board with the slots on the computer base.
3. Replace the screw that secures the I/O board to the computer base.
4. Connect the I/O board cable to the connector on the I/O board.
5. Connect the status light board cable to the connector on the I/O board and press down on the locking tab to secure the status light board cable.
6. Replace any installed card or blank that you removed from the 3-in-1 Media Card Reader.
7. Replace the speakers (see
8. Replace the left support bracket (see
9. Replace the display assembly (see
10. Replace the hinge cover (see
11. Replace the palm rest assembly (see
12. Replace the hard-drive assembly (see
13. Replace the keyboard (see
14. Replace the battery (see
Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.
Back to Contents Page
Replacing the Left Support
Replacing the Display
Replacing the Hinge
Replacing the Palm Rest
Replacing the Hard-Drive