Use firm and even pressure to slide the card into place. If you use excessive force, you may damage the connector.
The connectors are keyed to ensure correct insertion. If you feel resistance, check the connectors on the card and on the system
board, and realign the card.
3. Insert the video accelerator card connector at a 45-degree angle into the connector on the system board.
4. Press the other end of the video accelerator card down into the slot on the system board and replace the processor heat sink (see
5. Replace the palm rest assembly (see
6. Replace the hard-drive assembly (see
7. Replace the keyboard (see
8. Replace the battery (see
Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.
9. Install the drivers and utilities for your computer, as required. For more information, see the Dell Technology Guide.
If you are installing a video accelerator card from a source other than Dell, you must install the appropriate drivers and utilities. For more generic
driver information, see the Dell Technology Guide.
Back to Contents Page
Replacing the Palm Rest
Replacing the Hard-Drive