1. Using a 4 in. (10.2 cm) clamp, connect vent to exhaust outlet
in laundry center. If connecting to existing vent, make sure
the vent is clean. The vent must fit over the exhaust outlet
and inside the exhaust hood. Make sure the vent is secured
to exhaust hood with a 4 in. (10.2 cm) clamp.
Move laundry center into final position. Do not crush or kink
vent. Make sure laundry center is level.
1. Check to be sure all parts are now installed. If there is an
extra part, go back through the steps to see which step was
2. Check to be sure you have all of your tools.
all packaging materials. Keep the plastic
foam for use if the laundry center should be transported.
4. Check the laundry center's final location. Be sure the vent is
not crushed or kinked.
5. Check to be sure the laundry center is level and front leveling
feet are tight. See "Level Laundry Center."
Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Turn power on.
7. Check to be sure the water faucets are on.
8. Check for leaks around faucets and inlet hoses.
Remove the blue protective film on the console and any tape
remaining on the laundry center.
10. Read "Washer Use" and "Dryer Use."
11. Wipe the dryer drum interior thoroughly with a damp cloth to
remove any dust.
12. To test the washer, measure 1/2the normal recommended
amount of detergent and pour it into the washer. Close the lid.
Select HEAVY DUTY and pull out the Cycle Control knob.
Allow the washer to complete one whole cycle.
13. To test the dryer, set the dryer on a full heat cycle (not an air
cycle) for 20 minutes and start the dryer.
If the dryer will not start, check the following:
Laundry Center is plugged into a grounded 3 prong
Start button has been firmly pushed.
Electrical supply is connected.
House fuse is intact and tight; or circuit breaker has not
Dryer door is closed.
14. When the dryer has been running for 5 minutes, open the
dryer door and feel for heat. If you do not feel heat, turn the
dryer off and check to see if the gas supply line shutoff valve
If the gas supply line shutoff valve is closed, open it, then
repeat the 5-minute test as outlined above.
If the gas supply line shutoff valve is open, contact a
Plus Agitator is a uniquely designed
agitator that helps push clothes that are on top down to the
bottom of the washer where the best cleaning action takes place.
The Auto Temp Control electronically
senses and maintains a
uniform water temperature by regulating incoming hot and cold
water. This helps to ensure consistant cleaning results.
WRINKLE GUARD'*' II helps keep your permanent press items
wrinkle free. When you don't unload your dryer promptly at the
end of the automatic cycle, WRINKLE GUARD ® II periodically
tumbles the load without heat.
The TUMBLE FREE
Heated Dryer Rack is used to dry items
you do not want to tumble dry, such as sweaters. The heated air
inside the dryer flows in a concentrated
pattern to allow efficient
and uniform drying.
Dryness is determined
by an electronic sensor the "feels" the
amount of moisture in clothes as they pass over it. When sensor
no longer detects moisture in the clothes the dryer automatically
goes into a cool down period.
Durable finish resists scratching, staining and odors for long-
lasting quality. Fabrics
by the smooth
Motor gently cares for a large range of fabrics
from the finest lingerie to the heaviest denims.