5. All connections
must be wrench-tightened.
6. Open the shutoff valve in the supply. The valve is open when
the handle is parallel to the gas pipe.
1, Closed valve
2. Open valve
7. Test all connections
by brushing on an approved non-
solution. Bubbles will show a leak.
Correct any leak found.
1. Using a 4 in. (10.2 cm) clamp, connect vent to exhaust outlet
in laundry center. If connecting to existing vent, make sure
the vent is clean. The vent must fit over the exhaust outlet
and inside the exhaust hood. Make sure the vent is secured
to exhaust hood with a 4 in. (10.2 cm) clamp.
Move laundry center into final position. Do not crush or kink
vent. Make sure laundry center is level.
1. Check to be sure all parts are now installed. If there is an
extra part, go back through the steps to see which step was
2. Check to be sure you have all of your tools.
all packaging materials. Keep the plastic
foam for use if the laundry center should be transported.
4. Check the laundry center's final location. Be sure the vent is
not crushed or kinked.
5. Check to be sure the laundry center is level and front leveling
feet are tight. See "Level Laundry Center."
Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Turn power on.
7. Check to be sure the water faucets are on.
8. Check for leaks around faucets and inlet hoses.
Remove the blue protective film on the console and any tape
remaining on the laundry center.
10. Read "Washer Use" and "Dryer Use."
11. Wipe the dryer drum interior thoroughly with a damp cloth to
remove any dust.
12. To test the washer, measure V2the normal recommended
amount of detergent and pour it into the washer. Close the lid.
Select HEAVY DUTY and pull out the Cycle Control knob.
Allow the washer to complete one whole cycle.
13. To test the dryer, set the dryer on a full heat cycle (not an air
cycle) for 20 minutes and start the dryer.
If the dryer will not start, check the following:
Laundry Center is plugged into a grounded 3 prong
Start button has been firmly pushed.
Electrical supply is connected.
House fuse is intact and tight; or circuit breaker has not
Dryer door is closed.
14. When the dryer has been running for 5 minutes, open the
dryer door and feel for heat. If you do not feel heat, turn the
dryer off and check to see if the gas supply line shutoff valve
If the gas supply line shutoff valve is closed, open it, then
repeat the 5-minute test as outlined above.
If the gas supply line shutoff valve is open, contact a
Plus Agitator is a uniquely designed
agitator that helps push clothes that are on top down to the
bottom of the washer where the best cleaning action takes place.
Durable finish resists scratching, staining and odors for long-
lasting quality. Fabrics are protected by the smooth wash basket.
This laundry center features 4 different ways to vent your dryer.
A properly exhausted laundry center will give you the shortest
drying time, lower your utility bill and extend the life of the laundry