1. Check that all parts are now installed. If there is an extra part,
go back through the steps to see which step was skipped.
2. Check that you have all of your tools.
3. Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials. Keep the plastic
foam for use if the laundry center should be transported.
4. Check the laundry center's final location. Be sure the vent is
not crushed or kinked.
5. Check that the laundry center is level and front leveling feet
are tight. See "Level Laundry Center."
6. Plug into a grounded 4 prong outlet. Turn on power.
7. Check that the water faucets are on.
8. Check for leaks around faucets and inlet hoses.
9. Remove the blue protective film on the console and any tape
remaining on the laundry center.
10. Read "Washer Use" and "Dryer Use."
11. Wipe the dryer drum interior thoroughly with a damp cloth to
remove any dust.
12. To test the washer, measure ¹⁄₂ the normal recommended
amount of detergent and pour it into the washer. Close the lid.
Select HEAVY DUTY and pull out the Cycle Control knob.
Allow the washer to complete one whole cycle.
The DUAL-ACTION™ Agitator is a uniquely designed agitator
that helps push clothes that are on top down to the bottom of the
washer where the best cleaning action takes place.
White Porcelain Wash Basket
Durable finish resists scratching, staining and odors for long-
lasting quality. Fabrics are protected by the smooth wash basket.
This laundry center features 4 different ways to vent your dryer. A
properly exhausted laundry center will give you the shortest
drying time, lower your utility bill and extend the life of the laundry
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
13. To test the dryer, set the dryer on a full heat cycle (not an air
cycle) for 20 minutes and start the dryer.
If the dryer will not start, check the following:
Controls are set in a running or "On" position.
Start button has been firmly pushed.
Laundry center is plugged into a grounded outlet.
Electrical supply is connected.
Household fuse is intact and tight, or circuit breaker has
Dryer door is closed.
14. When the dryer has been running for 5 minutes, open the
dryer door and feel for heat. If you feel heat, cancel cycle and
close the door.
If you do not feel heat, turn off the dryer and check the
There may be 2 household fuses or circuit breakers for
the dryer. Check that both fuses are intact and tight, or
that both circuit breakers have not tripped. If there is still
no heat, contact a qualified technician.
NOTE: You may notice a burning odor when dryer is first heated.
This odor is common when the heating element is first used. The
odor will go away.
Liquid Chlorine Bleach and Fabric Softener
Dispensers eliminate the need to return to the washer to load
laundry products. The bleach dispenser automatically dilutes and
dispenses liquid chlorine bleach. The fabric softener dispenser
automatically adds diluted fabric softener during the deep rinse
portion of the cycle.
Gives the best drying in the shortest time. The automatic control
senses the dryness of the load and automatically shuts off when
the selected dryness is reached, taking the guesswork out of
drying time and enhancing fabric care.