iNSTALLiNG AND ADJUSTING
Installing the Barrier Bar
1. Align the two pegs on the barrier bar with the two holes in the
handle (Fig. 1).
2. Press the barrier bar into the handle until the barrier bar snaps
3. Insert the barrier bar screw into the handle (Fig. 1).
4. Use a medium flat-head screwdriver or a T-20 Torx® screwdriver
to tighten the barrier bar screw until the barrier bar is secure.
Adjusting the Handle
If the handle requires adjustment:
1. Use a large flat-head screwdriver or a T-25 Torx screwdriver to
loosen the 4 screws in the handle.
2. While holding the unit in the operating position, move the handle
to the location that provides the best grip. Place it a minimum of
6 inches (15.24 cm) from the end of the shaft grip (Fig. 2).
3. Tighten the screws until the handle is secure.
INSTALLING THE SHOULDER STRAP
personal injury, always use
To avoid serious
the shoulder strap when operating the brushcutter.
1. Push the strap up through the center slot in the buckle (Fig. 3).
2. Bend the strap over and push it down through the lower slot in
the buckle (Fig. 3).
3. Put the shoulder strap over the operator's
head and onto the left
shoulder (Fig. 13).
4. Snap the clip onto the support fitting (Fig. 4).
5. Adjust the shoulder strap to fit the operator (Fig. 5). Pull the
buckle up to loosen the shoulder strap. Pull the strap down to
tighten the shoulder strap.