Operate this unit only in a well-ventilated
outdoor area. Carbon monoxide exhaust fumes can be
lethal in a confined area.
Avoid accidentally starting the unit. To avoid I
serious injury, the operator and the unit must be in a stable
position when pulling the starter rope (Fig. 12).
1. Mix gasoline with oil. Refer to Oil and Fuel Mixing Instructions.
2. Fill the fuel tank. Refer to Fueling the Unit.
NOTE: There is no need to turn the unit on. The On/Off switch is in
the ON (I) position at all times (Fig. 9).
3. Slowly press and release the primer bulb 10 times (Fig. 10). If
fuel cannot be seen in the primer bulb, press and release the
primer bulb until fuel is visible.
4. Flip the choke lever clockwise until it clicks (Fig. 11).
5. Crouch in the starting position (Fig. 12).
6. DO NOT squeeze the throttle control (Fig. 9). Pull the starter rope
with a controlled and steady motion until the unit starts (Fig. 12).
NOTE: This unit uses the INCREDI-PULL
starting system, which
reduces the effort required to start the engine.
7. Idle the engine for 5 to 10 seconds. If the unit stops during this
time, squeeze and hold the throttle control and throttle lock-out.
Then pull the starter rope in a controlled and steady motion until
the unit starts.
8. Squeeze and hold the throttle control and throttle lock-out. Allow
the engine to warm up for 30 to 60 seconds.
NOTE: The engine is properly warmed up when it accelerates
iF... the engine does not start, begin the starting procedure with
IF... the unit is hot and fails to start within 3 pulls of the starter rope,
squeeze and hold the throttle control and throttle lock-out. Then
pull the starter rope with a controlled and steady motion until the
1. Release the throttle control and allow the engine to idle.
2. Press and hold the On/Off switch in the OFF (O) position until
the engine comes to a complete stop (Fig. 9).
Starter Rope Grip