SERVICE DATA SHEET
Gas Range with ES 510/530 Electronic Oven Control with Bake-n-Warm Double Oven (some models)
This service data sheet is intended for use by persons
having electrical and mechanical training and a level of knowledge of
these subjects generally considered acceptable in the appliance
repair trade. The manufacturer cannot be responsible, nor assume any
liability for injury or damage of any kind arising from the use of this data
SAFE SERVICING PRACTICES
To avoid the possibility of personal injury and/or property damage, it is
important that safe servicing practices be observed. The following are
examples, but without limitation, of such practices.
Before servicing or moving an appliance remove power cord from electrical
outlet, trip circuit breaker to OFF, or remove fuse.
Never interfere with the proper installation of any safety device.
GROUNDING: The standard color coding for safety ground wires is
GREEN or GREEN WITH YELLOW STRIPES. Ground leads are not to
be used as current carrying conductors. It is extremely important that
the service technician reestablish all safety grounds prior to
completion of service. Failure to do so will create a potential
Prior to returning the product to service, ensure that:
• All electric connections are correct and secure.
• All electrical leads are properly dressed and secured away from sharp
edges, high-temperature components, and moving parts.
• All uninsulated electrical terminals, connectors, heaters, etc. are
adequately spaced away from all metal parts and panels.
• All safety grounds (both internal and external) are correctly and
E.O.C. CONTROL CONNECTIONS
DO NOT REMOVE THIS BAG
OR DESTROY THE CONTENTS
WIRING DIAGRAMS AND SERVICE
REPLACE CONTENTS IN BAG
p/n 316519813 (0802)
Set the electronic oven control for normal baking at 350°F. Obtain an average oven
temperature after a minimum of 5 cycles. Press STOP/CLEAR to end bake mode.
Set EOC to bake at 550°F.
Within 5 seconds of setting 550°F, press and hold the bake pad for approximately 15
seconds until a single beep is heard (longer may cause F11 shorted keypad alarm).
Calibration offset should appear in the display.
Use the slew keys to adjust the oven temperature up or down 35°F in 5°F increments.
Once the desired (-35° to 35°) offset has been applied, press CANCEL or STOP/
Note: Changing calibration affects normal Bake mode. The adjustments made will not
change the Self-Cleaning cycle temperature.
32 ± 1.9
75 ± 2.5
250 ± 4.4
350 ± 5.4
450 ± 6.9
550 ± 8.2
650 ± 9.6
900 ± 13.6
P10 Bake-N-Warn™ Double
Bake-N-Warm™ Double Oven
Oven Connection (some models)
Control Board (Rear View-some
Electronic Oven Control (Rear View)
Electonic Oven Control Fault Code Descriptions
Likely Failure Condition/Cause
1000 ± 4.0
Bad Micro Identification.
1091 ± 5.3
Bad EEPROM Identification/Checksum error.
1453 ± 8.9
Internal Control or Power Supply failure between
1654 ± 10.8
Power Supply Board & EOC.
1852 ± 13.5
Communication failure between EOC & ESEC system
2047 ± 15.8
(for electric range models ONLY)
2237 ± 18.5
2697 ± 24.4
Communication failure with Mini Oven Control Board.
(for models equipped with Bake-n-Warm™ ONLY)
Open Probe or connection.
Shorted Probe or connection.
Maximum oven door unlock time exceeded.
Maximum oven door unlock attempts exceeded.
Maximum oven door open time exceeded.
Maximum oven door lock time exceeded.
Maximum oven door lock attempts exceeded.
Circuit Analysis Matrix
1. (F10 only) Check RTD Sensor Probe & replace if necessary. If oven is overheating, disconnect
power. If oven continues to overheat when the power is reapplied, replace EOC. Severe
overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage be extensive.
2. (F11, 12 & 13) Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power.
3. (F11, 12 & 13) If fault returns upon power-up, replace EOC.
1. Check harness connectors at P2 on (Power Supply Board) & J2 connectors on (EOC).
2. If harness and connections are good replace (Power Supply Board).
3. If Power Supply Board is good replace (EOC).
1. Test harness/connections P4 (EOC) & P7 (Surface Element Control Board)
2. If harness checks O.K. failure can be caused by faulty UIB, Surface Element Control Board
1. Check harness & connectors from the EOC to Mini Oven Control Board. Check for 15VDC
to Mini Oven Control Board (red & gray wires). If harness and voltage are good replace Mini
Oven Control Board. If fault returns replace the EOC.
1. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature & compare to RTD Sensor resistance
chart. If resistance does not match the RTD chart replace RTD Sensor Probe. Check Sensor
wiring harness between EOC & Sensor Probe connector.
2. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature, if less than 500 ohms, replace RTD
Sensor Probe. Check for shorted Sensor Probe harness between EOC & Probe connector.
1. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check the wiring between EOC & Lock Motor Micro Switch.
2. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Replace the Motor Door Latch assembly if necessary.
3. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check for binding of the Latch Cam, Lock Motor Rod & Lock Motor
4. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check to see if Lock Motor Coil is open. If open, repl;ace Lock Motor
5. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Lock Motor continuosly runs - if Micro Switch is open, replace Lock
6. (F92, 93 & 94) Check oven door Light Switch - if open, replace Switch.
7. If all situations above do not solve probem, replace EOC.
NOTE: **Convection Fan will activate within 6 minutes or sooner.
Suggested Corrective Action