Insert the embroidery unit connection into
the machine connection port. Push lightly
until the unit clicks into place.
a Embroidery unit connection
b Machine connection port
c Feed dog position switch
• Be sure there is no gap between the embroi-
dery unit and the sewing machine. If there is
a gap, the embroidery patterns will not
embroider with the correct registration.
• Do not push on the carriage when installing
the embroidery unit onto the machine. Mov-
ing the carriage may damage the embroi-
• Be sure to set the feed dog position switch
to right to lower the feed dogs.
Turn the main power to ON.
→ The following message will appear.
→ The carriage will move to the initialization position.
■ Removing the Embroidery Unit
• A confirmation message to lower the frame-
securing lever after the carriage moves to its
• The message will disappear after 15 sec-
onds or press
→ The carriage will move to the removal position.
• Always remove the embroidery frame before
. Otherwise, the frame may
strike the embroidery foot, and possibly cause
• The embroidery unit will not fit in the storage
case if this step is not done.
Turn the main power to OFF.
• Be sure to turn off the machine before
attaching the embroidery unit, otherwise
damage to the machine may result.
to move to the next
, then press