Locking control keys
With the control keys on the projector locked, you can prevent your projector settings from
being changed accidentally (by children, for example). When the Panel Key Lock is on, no
control keys on the projector will operate except
1. Press and hold
the projector or remote control.
To release panel key lock, press and hold
for 3 seconds on the projector.
Keys on the remote control are still functional when panel key lock is enabled.
If you press
projector will still be in locked status the next time it is turned on.
Creating your own startup screen
In addition to selecting the projector preset startup screen from ViewSonic logo or User
screen, you can make your own startup screen that is an image projected from your
computer or video source.
1. Press MENU/EXIT on the projector or Menu on the remote control and then press
until the OPTION menu is highlighted.
to highlight Screen Capture and press ENTER on the projector or Enter
on the remote control.
3. Highlight Screen Capture. Press ENTER on the projector or Enter on the remote
4. The message 'Screen capture in progress' is displayed while the projector is
processing the picture. Please wait.
5. If the action is successful, you see the message 'Screen capture succeeded' on
the screen. The captured picture is saved as User.
6. To view the captured picture displayed as the startup screen, set User in the
Option > Start up Screen > Start up Screen > User menu and restart the
In the unlikely event that the capturing action fails, change your target picture.
for 3 seconds on
Power to turn off the projector without disabling panel key lock, the