Help provides 4 features that make using your microwave oven easy
because specific instructions are provided in the interactive display.
1. Child lock
The Child Lock prevents unwanted microwave oven operation
such as by small children. The microwave oven can be set so that
the control panel is deactivated or locked. To set, touch Help, the
number 1 and then touch the STaRT pad. Should a pad be touched,
CHILD LOCK ON will appear in the display. To cancel, touch Help
and Clear/off pad.
. audible Signal Elimination
If you wish to have the microwave oven operate with no audible
signals, touch Help, the number 2 and Clear/off. To cancel and
restore the audible signal, touch Help, the number 2 and STaRT.
3. auto Start
If you wish to program your microwave oven to begin cooking automati-
cally at a designated time of day, follow this procedure:
• Suppose you want to start cooking a stew for 20 minutes on 50%
at 4:30. Before setting, check to make sure the clock is showing
the correct time of day.
1. Touch Help pad.
2. Touch number 3.
3. Enter number 4,3,0 for start time.
4. Touch Timer/Clock pad.
5. Enter cooking program by touching number 2,0,0,0, Power level
pad 6 times.
6. Touch STaRT pad.
1. Auto Start can be used for manual cooking if clock is set.
2. If the microwave oven door is opened after programming Auto
Start, it is necessary to touch the STaRT pad for Auto Start
time to appear in the readout so that the microwave oven will
automatically begin programmed cooking at the chosen Auto
3. Be sure to choose foods that can be left in the microwave oven
safely until the Auto Start time. Acorn or butternut squash are often
a good choice.
4. If you wish to know the time of day, simply touch the Timer/Clock
pad. As long as your finger is touching the Timer/Clock pad, the
time of day will be displayed.
4. language / Weight Selection
The microwave oven comes set for English and U.S. Customary
Unit-pounds. To change, touch Help and the number 4. Continue
to touch the number 4 until your choice is selected from the table
below. Then, touch STaRT.
Touch number 4 once for English/LB.
Touch number 4 twice for English/KG.
Touch number 4 three times for Spanish/LB.
Touch number 4 four times for Spanish/KG.
Touch number 4 five times for French/LB.
Touch number 4 six times for French/KG.
HElP (In display)
Whenever HELP is lighted in the Interactive Display, touch Help to
read cooking and operating hints.
Other Convenient features
MUlTIPlE SEQUENCE CookING
Your microwave oven can be programmed for up to 4 automatic
cooking sequences, switching from one power level setting to
Sometimes cooking directions tell you to start on one power level
and then change to a different power level. Your microwave oven
can do this automatically.
• Suppose you want to cook roast beef for 5 minutes at 100% and
then continue to cook for 30 minutes at 50%.
1. First enter cooking time. Then touch Power level pad once for
2. Enter second cooking time. Touch Power level pad 6 times for
3. Touch STaRT pad.
1. If you wish to know power level, simply touch the Power level
2. If 100% is selected as the final sequence, it is not necessary to
PlUS 1 MIN
Plus 1 Min allows you to cook for a minute at 100% by simply
touching the Plus 1 Min pad. You can also extend cooking time in
multiples of 1 minute by repeatedly touching the Plus 1 Min pad
during manual cooking.
1. To use Plus 1 Min, touch pad within 3 minutes after cooking,
2. Plus 1 Min cannot be used with Special Features.
To demonstrate, touch Timer/Clock, the number 0 and touch
STaRT and hold for 3 seconds. DEMO ON will appear in the
display. Cooking operations and specific special features can
now be demonstrated with no power in the microwave oven. For
example, touch Clear/off and touch Plus 1 Min, and the display will
show 1.00 and count down quickly to END.
To cancel, touch Timer/Clock, then the number 0 and Clear/off. If
easier, unplug the microwave oven from the electrical outlet, replug
and set the clock.
MoRE oR lESS TIME adJUSTMENT
Should you discover that you like any of the SENSOR COOKING,
DEFROST or ONE-TOUCH COOKING settings slightly more done,
touch the Power level pad once after touching your choice of
pads. The display will show MORE. For slightly less done, touch
the Power level pad twice after touching your choice of pads. The
display will show LESS. The Power level pad must be touched
within 1 second of touching your choice of pads.
• Suppose you want to time a 3 minute long distance phone call.
1. Touch Timer/Clock pad and number 1.
2. Touch 3,0,0 to enter time.
3. Touch Timer/Clock pad. The Timer will count down.
pad. As long as your finger is touching the Power level pad, the
power level will be displayed.
touch the Power level pad.
closing the door, touching the Clear/off pad or during cooking.