• Before operating your new microwave oven make sure you read
and understand this Use and Care manual completely.
• Before the microwave oven can be used, follow these procedures:
1. Plug in the microwave oven. Close the door. The microwave oven
display will show ENJOY YOUR OVEN PRESS CLEAR AND
2. Touch the Clear/off pad. : will appear.
3. Set clock.
To SET THE CloCk
• Suppose you want to enter the correct time of day 12:30 (A.M.
1. Touch Clock pad and number 2.
2. Enter time 1,2,3,0 and press Clock pad again.
This is a 12 hour clock. If you attempt to enter an incorrect clock
time, ERROR will appear in the display. Touch the Clear/off pad
and re-enter the time.
Your microwave oven can be programmed for 99 minutes 99 seconds
(99.99). Always enter the seconds after the minutes, even if they are
• Suppose you want to cook for 5 minutes at 100%.
1. Enter cooking time 5,0,0.
2. Touch STaRT pad.
To SET PoWER lEVEl
There are eleven preset power levels.
Using lower power levels increases the cooking time, which is
recommended for foods such as cheese, milk and long slow
cooking of meats. Consult cookbook or recipes for specific
ToUCH PoWER lEVEl
Pad NUMBER oF TIMES
FoR dESIREd PoWER
POWER LEVEL x 1
POWER LEVEL x 2
POWER LEVEL x 3
POWER LEVEL x 4
POWER LEVEL x 5
POWER LEVEL x 6
POWER LEVEL x 7
POWER LEVEL x 8
POWER LEVEL x 9
POWER LEVEL x 10
POWER LEVEL x 11
• If the electrical power supply to your microwave oven should be
interrupted, the display will inter-mittently show ENJOY YOUR
OVEN PRESS CLEAR AND PRESS CLOCK after the power
is reinstated. If this occurs during cooking, the program will
be erased. The time of day will also be erased. Simply touch
Clear/off pad and reset the clock for the correct time of day.
NoTE: Your microwave oven can be programmed with the door
open except for STaRT, SENSoR CookING, oNE-ToUCH
CookING, dEFRoST and Plus 1 Min.
Touch the Clear/off pad to:
1. Erase if you make a mistake during programming.
2. Cancel timer.
3. Stop the microwave oven temporarily during cooking.
4. Return the time of day to the display.
5. Cancel a program during cooking, touch twice.
• Suppose you want to defrost for 5 minutes at 30%.
1. Enter defrosting time 5,0,0.
2. Touch Power level pad eight times or hold down until the desired
power level appears.
3. Touch STaRT pad.
When the defrost time is complete, a long tone will sound and END
will appear in the display.
If the food that you wish to defrost is not listed on the DEFROST
CHART or is above or below the limits in the Amount column on the
DEFROST CHART, you need to defrost manually.
You can defrost any frozen food, either raw or previously cooked,
by using Power level for 30%. Follow the exact 3-step procedure
found under TO SET POWER LEVEL. Estimate defrosting time and
press Power level pad eight times for 30%.
For either raw or previously cooked frozen food the rule of thumb is
approximately 4 minutes per pound. For example, defrost 4 minutes
for 1 pound of frozen spaghetti sauce.
Always stop the microwave oven periodically to remove or separate
the portions that are defrosted. If food is not defrosted at the end
of the estimated defrosting time, program the microwave oven in
1 minute increments on Power level 30% until totally defrosted.
When using plastic containers from the freezer, defrost only long
enough to remove from the plastic in order to place in a microwave-