Watching Video Away from Home
The video keeps stopping and starting,
and frames are dropped.
Operations are delayed.
Cannot use NetAV.
The NetAV connection is disconnected
Base Station Settings
Cannot open the [Base Station Settings]
Causes and remedies
• As NetAV uses the Internet for communication, the video may not be
able to be transmitted smoothly depending on whether the connection is
• Click [Rate] and make sure the rate is set to [Auto]. If it is set to
[Manual], select [Auto] or lower the rate to . If you set the rate to
[Auto], the lowest rate automatically selected is . Therefore, if you
want to use the rate , you need to set to  manually.
• Operations performed from the on-screen remote control take place via
the network, so response is delayed. This is normal and not a
• When the rate is too high for the actual speed of your connection, delay
is even more likely to occur. Set the rate to [Auto] or lower the rate if
you want to use manually.
Have never once been able to connect:
• Is the setting for watching video away from home enabled?
(1 page 17)
• Did you click [Connect] in the bottom left of the LocationFree Player
Can connect to the Internet from a computer at home, but
there is no picture while away from home:
• A communication connection with a download speed at least 300 kbps
is recommended. Check your communication connection.
• Is the computer you are using away from home connected to the
• Did you click [Connect] on the bottom left of the LocationFree Player
• Has security software been installed? If so, the firewall function of the
security software may be causing NetAV to disconnect.
• Problems with the Internet connection may cause the NetAV
connection to be disconnected.
Causes and remedies
• [Base Station Settings] cannot be clicked when connecting to the Base
Station for the first time. Try connecting first.
• [Base Station Settings] cannot be clicked when the Base Station and
computer are not on the same LAN.
• If [Base Station Settings] cannot be clicked when you are using a
wireless connection, make sure the wireless network is connected to the
SSID of that Base Station.
• When connecting the Base Station to a network that requires a proxy,
click [LAN Settings] under [Local Area Network (LAN) settings] on
the [Connections] tab of [Internet Options] in Internet Explorer, then
click [Advanced] and set the IP address of the Base Station as an
address that does not use a proxy.
• If you set the wrong IP address to your Base Station connecting with a
wired LAN, you cannot connect to the Base Station any more. In this
case, change the settings by connecting to the Base Station directly with
wireless or, initialize the Base Station.