Can connect at home, but cannot
connect to the Base Station while away
No colour, poor colour.
Picture appears but there is no sound.
Picture shifts vertically and the
horizontal black bar is visible.
Picture freezes frequently.
Block noise appears.
When you change the rate, video is not
Compared with usual, the video or
sound quality gets worse.
Picture is distorted.
Disconnected when switching to another
Causes and remedies
• Did you configure the network settings for when you are away from
• Are the NetAV settings configured properly? (1 page 17)
• Are the Base Station and connected devices such as the router turned
• NetAV cannot be used via a proxy server.
• Have the devices you are currently using been deleted from the device
registration list on the Base Station? Check the device registration list
in the Base Station settings (1 page 42).
• Have you initialized the Base Station? If so, the device registration
information has been deleted. Perform the setup again from device
registration (1 page 42).
Causes and remedies
Make sure the scart to A/V cable is connected properly to the Base
• Make sure the volume of LocationFree Player is not turned all the way
• Make sure the volume of the computer is not set to the minimum level
Check the causes and remedies described in "Watching Video at Home"
(1 page 52) or "Watching Video Away from Home" (1 page 53).
Check the format of the signal inputted to the Base Station, and then
select the correct format (PAL, SECAM, PAL60 or NTSC) on [Colour
System Settings] screen (1 page 29).
Update the graphics driver of your computer to the latest version. For
more information on the graphics driver, contact the manufacturer of your
• Depending on your network, check the causes and remedies described
in "Watching Video at Home" (1 page 52) or "Watching Video Away
from Home" (1 page 53).
• When the rate is too high for the actual speed of your connection, delay
is even more likely to occur. Set the rate to [Auto] or lower the rate if
you want to use manually.
This is due to video compression processing. It is not a malfunction.
It is because of video compression, not a breakdown.
Disconnect NetAV and reconnect it again.
Check the latest driver of video card (graphic card) on the manufacturer's
support pages (1 page 32).
When you click [Rate] and switch between [Auto] and [Manual], change
the rate from  (lowest rate) or  (highest rate) to another rate, or
change from another rate to  or  while connected, the NetAV
connection is disconnected and then reconnected.