User manual RTB1023 It's important to read this instruction prior to using your new product for the ﬁ rst time.
Increase the separation between the equipment and try to insert it the other way. and receiver. If it still won’t ﬁ t, contact a qualiﬁ ed electrician to • Connect the equipment into an outlet on a change the outlet, or use a diﬀ erent one. Do not circuit diﬀ...
ﬁ re or recharge them. • Do not use this apparatus near water. • If you are not using the remote control for a long • Clean only with a dry cloth. period of time, remove the batteries.
• Easy and simple HDTV connection using a single HDMI cable (cable not included). • Multiple outputs for connecting your home theater system or ampliﬁ er. • PIP functionality that lets you display primary and secondary video at the same time (if available on the Blu-ray Disc).
Quick Setup ............14 Playing a Blu-ray Disc or DVD ......15 Special Functions ..........16 Searching for a title, chapter or elapsed time ..16 Repeating a title, chapter or CD track ....16 Using PiP (picture-in-picture) mode .......16 Using a disc pop up menu ..........16 Selecting a play source ..........16...
Things to Consider before You Connect • Ensure that the mains (AC power) supply in • Moving the unit from a cold place to a warm one your house complies with that indicated on the can cause condensation on some components identiﬁ...
• The component video jacks are color-coded HDMI green, blue and red. • Connect the HDMI OUT jack on the rear of the unit • Additional component video cables (not supplied) to the HDMI IN jack on your TV using a HDMI cable are required.
RJ45 connector) to the ETHERNET jack on the back Connect the AUDIO IN jacks from the unit to the of your player and to an Ethernet jack on a network AUDIO OUT jacks on TV, SAT/Cable Box, VCR or hub or broadband router.
Speaker wires are color-coded to match the terminals. Connect the speaker wire from the back of each speaker to the corresponding color terminal at the back of the unit. Press down the tab to open the terminal and insert the wire. Release the tab to lock wire in the terminal.
Front speakers carry primarily music and sound eﬀ ects. 2. Center In surround mode, the center speaker carries most of the dialog as well as music and eﬀ ects. It should be set between the left and right speakers. Angle Place the left and right speakers to form a 45- 3.
Expectation Alternative Surround Placement Even though you adjust the surround channel to be as loud as the others on the test signal, you may ﬁ nd Rear wall that surround channels seems quieter for actual TV If rear wall mounting is the only choice, aim the and Movie content.
Overview of Controls ON/OFF Press to turn on your unit, or put your unit in standby mode. When your unit is in standby mode, power is still entering your unit. To disconnect power, unplug the power cord. OPEN/CLOSE Press to open or close the disc tray.
Insert the two “AAA” (included with this unit) batteries into the remote control prior to use. Press to turn PiP (picture in picture) mode on or oﬀ . This function is only available by Blu-ray discs if available on disc. AUDIO Accesses the audio function.
Quick Setup When turned on for the ﬁ rst time or after resetting 4. Press button to select HDMI Auto, 1080p, it to the factory default, the Quick Setup menu will 1080i , 720p, 480p or 480i and press OK.
4. Place a disc onto the disc tray with the label side • Press INFO button again to exit. 5. Press OPEN/CLOSE button again to close the Note: The information displayed for discs other disc tray.
OK button. If the disc was recorded using a single camera angle, • Press PiP button to turn PiP mode on or oﬀ . this function is not available. • Press AUDIO or SUBTITLE button to turn the...
2. Press OPEN/CLOSE button to open the disc tray. A selection menu appears on the screen: 3. Place a CD on the disc tray with the label facing up, then press OPEN/CLOSE button to close the disc tray. It may take a few seconds for the CD to load.
Using a USB device Playing USB fl ash (“thumb”) drive VUDU is an online service that allows you to rent or purchase HD movies. It also provides a wide range of Insert a USB thumb drive containing picture ﬁ les interesting and useful online apps.
TV, Game System, VCR, Satellite or Cable Box storage) for enjoyment. to this unit using the AUDIO IN jacks at the back of the unit. The AUX input provides an analog audio In order to access BD-Live functions, the Blu-ray connection especially suitable for older devices.
• Only the HDMI output on your unit supports 1080p video output at any frame rate. If the TV is connected to the component output, the video output is limited to 1080i or lower.
The Settings Menu Film Mode Digital Output: Movies are recorded on ﬁ lm at a rate of 24 pictures • PCM Stereo — Sets the HDMI audio format to (frames) per second. Many of the movies on Blu-ray PCM Stereo, this is useful if you have an audio discs are recorded on the discs at this frame rate.
Deactivate Vudu: If you choose Ok in the prompt Note message box and press OK button, Vudu will be Setting a speaker to “Oﬀ ” will result in no sound being deactivated (the unit will be de-registered). delivered to this speaker. We highly recommend you Update Via Network leave all speakers set to “On”.
• Player Menu Settings • Resolution MAC Address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx IP Mode Dynamic • TV Aspect IP Address 0.0.0.0 4. After ﬁ nishing all settings, select Exit and press Subnet Mask 0.0.0.0 OK to exit the setup. 0.0.0.0 Gateway (Please see page14 for details.) Primary DNS 0.0.0.0...
• The disc menu language has not been set up. pauses • The language of your choice is not available on • Make sure that the USB ﬂ ash drive is a USB the disc. 2.0 device. Using a USB1.1 device may cause pausing.
• Do not close the tray with two discs in it or with a • This unit is designed for continuous use. disc not sitting correctly in the holder.
When playing a CD-R disc, same capacities as BD below. Other than conventional it is normal for the unit to take up to 60 seconds to movie and video contents, these discs have enhanced recognize the disc before starting to play.
Additional Information “Blu-ray Disc” and are trademarks. VUDU is a trademark of VUDU, Inc. Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are “BD-Live” and “BD-Live” logo trademarks or registered are trademarks of Blu-ray Disc trademarks of Oracle America, Association. Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Internet solely for your personal noncommercial use, content and services are transmitted by third and you may not use such content or services parties by means of networks and transmission in a manner that has not been authorized by facilities over which AVC Multimedia has no the internet content owner or service provider.
AVC products purchased in the United States are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of their original retail purchase. If the unit fails to conform to this warranty, we will service the product using new or refurbished parts and products, at AVC's sole discretion.
In no event shall AVC be liable for consequential or incidental damages.