Software Update Instructions for the RCA RTB1023 Blu-ray Home Theater
You can use a USB Flash Drive or a Writable CD to update your RTB1023. We recommend using a USB
Flash Drive since it's quicker and easier. However, if you don't have a USB Flash Drive, please see page
two of these instructions for directions on performing update using a Writable CD.
Software Update using a USB Flash Drive
1. Download the software file (it's named "RTB1023_V030_030.ISO") and copy it to a USB Flash
Drive. You can use any size USB Flash Drive up to a max capacity of 32GB. The Flash Drive
should be formatted as FAT16 or FAT32 (almost all are formatted as FAT16 or FAT32 already).
Note: please ensure you copy it to the "root" of the Flash Drive (don't copy it to a folder on the
2. Turn on your RTB1023 and select the "BD-USB" source. Turn on your TV. If you have a disc (Blu-
ray, DVD or CD) already loaded, we recommend you remove the disc.
3. Insert your USB Flash drive into USB port located on the front panel of the RTB1023.
4. After a few seconds you should see a message on your TV screen asking if you'd like to proceed
with the Software Update.
5. Select "OK" using your remote control.
6. You'll then see an "Update Progress" screen. Please be patient during this process, and ensure
that you DO NOT turn off the product during this process.
7. Once the update is complete, you'll see a message asking you to remove the USB Flash Drive –
please do so.
8. Your RTB1023 should then restart itself. Congratulations! You've now completed the update