When you encounter a problem, check the following points for a solution. If the problem persists, stop using this unit and consult
your nearest JVC dealer.
No image appears.
Focusing is not possible.
The image is blurred.
Dust is visible.
The image is dark.
Stripe pattern appears on
the image of printed
The colour tone doesn't
Beats appear in the image.
The image flickers.
The image cannot be
This unit does not operate
even when the button is
The remote control unit
does not work.
The camera image has
white or black spots.
Verify the following points
● Is the power plug connected to an AC outlet?
● Is the power switch turned on?
● Is this unit connected correctly to the projector or display?
● Is the brightness set to the optimum level?
● Are you sure that the pictures have been stored to memory? First store the
pictures to memory and then recall them.
● Is [EXT IN] or [SD CARD] of [SOURCE SELECTION] being selected? Select
● Is a XGA compatible projector or display used?
● Is the close-up lens attached?
● Is the object too close to the lens or is the top of the object at a height of more
than 50 mm from the stage surface?
● Did you shoot the surrounding objects with close-up lens attached? When shoot-
ing surrounding objects, remove the close-up lens.
● Did you enlarge the image size with the zoom after focusing was achieved?
Perform focusing after enlarging the image with zoom.
● With [FOCUS AUTO], focusing may be difficult depending on the object. Adjust
the focus using [FOCUS
● If the unit is connected to the projector, make sure that the projector is focused
correctly. Refer to the projector's instruction manual for focusing procedure.
● Is the close-up lens or camera lens dirty? Clean it with a commercially avail-
● Are the side illuminations lighted?
● Is the brightness set appropriately?
● Dots in the printed matter may interfere with the pixels in the camera image
device resulting in colour stripes. In this case, change the image size slightly
with the [ZOOM] buttons.
● Have you adjusted the tone with the [WHITE BALANCE]?
● Make sure that the negative mode is not engaged.
● When this unit is used near equipment generating a strong electric wave, beats
may occur in the image. Keep this unit away from such equipment.
● In areas where the 50 Hz power frequency is used, flickering may occur on the
screen when a fluorescent light or mercury-vapour lamp is used. Use this unit
with the side illuminations lighted.
● When the [FREEZE], [PICTURE MEMORY], [EXT IN] or [SD CARD] is se-
lected, the camera image cannot be adjusted. Return to [CAMERA] image to
● When brightness is insufficient, this unit may not work properly even if you
adjust the brightness. Press the [LIGHT] button to turn on the side illumina-
● When two buttons are pressed simultaneously, or a button is repeatedly pressed
without pauses, the unit may not operate correctly. When operating the but-
tons, do it one at a time with intervals between each press.
● Are there batteries in the remote control unit?
● Are the batteries exhausted?
The batteries provided are for operation check only. Install commercially avail-
able batteries for actual usage.
● Is the remote control unit being operated outside the effective range?
● Black or white spots may occasionally appear due to the characteristics of the
high-pixel CCD for graphics. If the image is enlarged with the digital zoom
function, spots may be particularly noticeable.
Refer to Page