While playing a VCD:
The Playback Control function (PBC) allows you
to operate the VCD using menus.
When you start playback, a menu will
automatically appear on the screen.
• A menu may be a list of items, divided screens,
or some moving pictures. (See "PBC operation
concept" to the right.)
Select a desired item on the menu.
• When a list of items is displayed on the screen,
press the Number buttons to select an item.
• When "3" or "SELECT" is displayed on the
screen, press 3 (or ENTER if pressing 3 does
not work) to start playback.
How to select items using the Number
• To select number 5, press 5, then ENTER.
• To select number 10, press 1, 0, then
• To select number 23, press 2, 3, then
• To cancel a mis-entry, press CLEAR (C).
Each time you press the button, the last
entry will be erased.
To return to the previous menu
To cancel the PBC playback
You can cancel the menu-driven operations (PBC
1 Press 7 to stop playback.
2 Press the Number buttons to select a track,
then press ENTER.
Normal playback starts from the selected
• You can also turn on and off the PBC
playback by pressing MENU/SETUP
PBC operation concept