The following marks used in this manual indicate
the discs to be used.
Before performing any operations, make sure
• Check the connection with the TV and with the
• Turn on the TV and the receiver.
• Select this unit (auxiliary or external input) as
the playback source on the receiver.
• Select the correct input where this unit is
• For DVD playback, you can change the
Setup Menu setting to your preference. (See
pages 20 – 28.)
"appears on the screen when
pressing a button, the disc cannot accept an
operation you have tried to do.
Press OPEN on the unit.
The loading slot cover opens.
Disc loading lamp
DO NOT force the cover open by hand.
Insert a disc into the loading slot.
DO NOT insert a disc while the disc loading
lamp is flashing* or is not lit**.
* Flashing: while loading or ejecting a disc
** Not lit: when a disc has been loaded.
Close the slot cover by hand.
The disc type is automatically detected and
the detected disc lamp (DVD, VCD/CD)
lights up, and playback starts automatically.
• It takes a while to detect the disc type.
If a menu appears while playing a DVD or VCD
with PBC function, see "MENU-DRIVEN
PLAYBACK" on page 12.
to turn on the
The lamps on the buttons on
the unit light up.
The unit draws in the disc
• When the power is off, you
cannot insert a disc.
DVD / VIDEO CD / CD