Section 3: Basic Financial Functions
Calculating the Payment Amount
1. Press fCLEARG to clear the financial registers.
2. Enter the number of payments or periods, using n or A.
3. Enter the periodic interest rate, using ¼ or C.
4. Enter either or both of the following:
Present value, using $.
Future value, using M.
5. Press g× or gÂ to set the payment mode.
6. Press P to calculate the payment amount.
Example 1: Calculate the payment amount on a 29-year, $43,400 mortgage at
% annual interest.
File name: hp 12c_user's guide_English_HDPMBF12E44
Printered Date: 2005/7/29
Stores PMT. Unlike in the previous
problem, here PMT is positive
since it represents cash received.
Sets payment mode to End.
The maximum purchase price to
provide a 12% annual yield. PV is
displayed with a minus sign since
it represents cash paid out.
observe the cash flow sign
Page: 46 of 209
Dimension: 14.8 cm x 21 cm