Color Image Scanner Models: F916000 (CanoScan D1250U2F)
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference
received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for class B digital device,
pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against
harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio
frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful
interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur
in a particular installation.If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television
reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try
to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Use of shielded cable with the ferrite core provided with the scanner is required to comply with Class B
limits Subpart B of Part 15 of the FCC rules.
Do not make any changes or modifications to the equipment unless otherwise specified in the manual.
If such changes or modifications should be made, you could be required to stop operation of the
Canon U.S.A. Inc.
One Canon Plaza, Lake Success, NY 11042, U.S.A
The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
Use of a shielded cable with the ferrite core(s) provided with the scanner is necessary to comply with
the technical requirements of the EMC Directive.
When you use this product, you should pay attention to the following legal issues:
• Scanning of certain documents, such as bank notes (bank bills), government bonds and public
certificates, may be prohibited by law and may result in criminal and/or civil liability.
• You may be required under law to obtain authorization from a person possessing copyrights or other
legal rights to the item being scanned.
If you are uncertain of the legality of scanning any particular item, you should consult your legal
adviser in advance.
• CanoScan and ScanGear are trademarks of Canon Inc.
are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
• Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
• OmniPage Pro is a trademark of ScanSoft, Inc.
• Other names and products not mentioned above may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective
In this guide the screen shots are taken with Windows XP in the explanation common to all operating systems.
The screen shots of Windows XP may vary from the actual screen shots.