• Do not plug the equipment into outlets with voltages other than the specified voltages.
Incorrect voltages may result in fire or electrical shock.
• When unplugging the AC adapter, always pull on the main body. Pulling on the cord may
damage the wires and lead to fire or electrical shock.
• Do not place objects around the AC adapter in case it needs to be unplugged during
• Unplug the AC adapter from the outlet at least once a year and clean the area around the base
of the AC adapter's metal pins to ensure that all dust is removed. If dust accumulates in this
area, it may result in fire.
General Handling Precautions
• Do not take apart or modify the equipment. Fire or electrical shock may result from improper
handling of its components.
• If you hear unusual noises, see smoke, feel excessive heat or smell anything unusual,
immediately unplug the AC adapter and contact your retailer or Canon Customer Support Help
Desk. Continued use of the equipment may result in fire or electrical shock.
• Do not use flammable sprays near this equipment. Also do not spill water, liquids, or flammable
liquids on the equipment. If these fluids enter this equipment and contact the electrical parts,
fire or electrical shock may result. If anything enters the equipment, immediately unplug the AC
adapter and contact your retailer or Canon Customer Support Help Desk.
• When cleaning the equipment, always unplug the AC adapter. Otherwise, fire or electrical shock
• When cleaning the equipment, use a water-moistened cloth that is well wrung out. Do not use
flammable liquids, such as alcohol, benzene or thinners. If a flammable liquid enters the inner
electrical parts, fire or electrical shock may result.
• Carefully close the document cover in order not to pinch your hands.
• Do not press heavily on the document glass or the document cover. The document glass may
break and injure you.
• Do not bump the document glass or drop heavy books or objects on it. The document glass may
break and injure you.
• When not in use for extended periods, such as long weekends, unplug the AC adapter for
• When transporting the equipment, be extremely careful. Dropping it could cause an injury.
• Wait until the equipment has cooled before placing a cover over it. Otherwise fire may result.
• Do not use the supplied CD-ROM in regular CD players. It produces excessively loud sound that
may cause hearing damage.
Setup and Operating Conditions
• Do not set up in areas where there are excessive fluctuations in temperature. Also do not move
the equipment from low-temperature areas to high-temperature areas. Condensation may
cause image errors. Leave the scanner enough time to gradually adapt to the new conditions
• Do not use the equipment in areas subject to direct sunlight or strong room light. It may cause
damage to the equipment or decrease image quality. If you have to use the scanner in direct
sunlight, make sure to use a thick curtain to block the light.
D1250U2F Quick Start Guide
11/24/01, 7:18 AM