Canon Color Image Scanner CanoScan D1230U/D2400U Product Guide...
As an ENERGY STAR Partner, Canon Inc. has determined that this model meets the ENERGY STAR Program for energy efficiency. The International ENERGY STAR Office Equipment Program is an international program that promotes energy saving through the use of computers and other office equipment. The program backs the development and dissemination of products with functions that effectively reduce energy consumption.
Handling and Care of the Scanner This section describes the general precautions for using the scanner. Please be sure to read each section for safe handling and operation. Safety Precautions ... 5 Setup and Operating Conditions ... 7 Before Transporting the Scanner ... 8...
Safety Precautions Please read and take note of the following precautions before using the equipment. WARNING Indicates a warning concerning operations that may lead to death or injury to persons if not performed correctly. In order to use the equipment safely, always pay attention to these warnings.
• If you hear unusual noises, see smoke, feel excessive heat or smell anything unusual, immediately unplug the AC adapter and contact your retailer or Canon Customer Support Help Desk. Continued use may result in fire or electrical shock.
• Do not use the scanner in areas subject to direct sunlight. The humidity may rise inside the equipment and cause damage or decrease image quality. If you have to use the scanner in direct sunlight, make sure to use a thick curtain to block the light.
Confirm the position of the scanning unit. Open the document cover, and confirm that the scanning unit is at the back of the scanner. If it has not returned, follow the procedures below to return the scanning unit to the home position.
Immediately remove any moisture that contacts these components by wiping them with a dry cloth. • Do not use a sodden cloth or apply a liquid directly to any portion of the scanner. Any moisture that enters the interior, the underside of the document glass or the sensors may degrade image quality and lead to malfunctions.
Guide to the Software This section introduces to the software programs bundled with the scanner. For detailed instructions of each program, please read the respective PDF manuals contained in the CD-ROM. Software for Windows ScanGear CS-U ... 11 ScanGear Toolbox ... 13 Adobe Photoshop LE ...
ScanGear CS-U is the specialized driver for Windows that allows you to scan and load images from the scanner. It cannot be used as a stand-alone program. And must be started within an application program. It is also called a TWAIN driver (see the next page for information about TWAIN drivers).
ScanGear CS-U Features • Scan with the optimal settings just by selecting the Image Type to suit your purposes in the Simple Mode • Adjust various settings, such as the color mode, resolution, color balance and brightness, in the Advanced Mode •...
Mode Select whether the scan is performed from the platen (platen mode) or the Film Adapter Unit (film mode). This option will not display with a scanner that does not support a Film Adapter Unit. Scan (1-3) Buttons Scans an image and sends it to a linked application program.
How to Use ScanGear Toolbox Starting ScanGear Toolbox • Push the Start Button in front of the scanner, or push the Film Scan Button on top of the Film Adapter Unit (option). How to Scan You can start a scan without starting the driver software simply by clicking a button on the ScanGear Toolbox toolbar and specifying the scan conditions.
1. Click the [Copy] button or press the scanner’s Start Button. 2. The image will be scanned and sent to the printer. • You can scan additional images simply by changing the item on the scanner and repeating Step 1.
Canon Plug-in Module CS-U Canon Plug-in Module CS-U is the specialized Macintosh driver that allows you to scan and load images from the scanner. It cannot be used as a stand-alone program and must be started from within an application program. It is also called a plug-in module (see the next page for information about plug-in modules).
(such as CanoScan Toolbox or Photoshop LE). It may be called a plug-in or plug-in module. • Canon Plug-in Module CS-U is not a stand-alone program that can be started by itself. It is used as a plug-in program. In this case, start an application program first, then select [CanonPI CS-U 4.1.0...] from within the program.
How to Use CanoScan Toolbox Starting CanoScan Toolbox • Push the Start Button in front of the scanner, or push the Film Scan Button on top of the Film Adapter Unit (option). • Double click the CanoScan Toolbox icon in the CanoScan Toolbox folder.
1. Open the [Adobe Photoshop LE] folder and double-click the [Photoshop LE] icon. Photoshop LE will start. 2. Open the [File] menu and select [Acquire] and [CanonPI CS-U 4.1.0...]. Canon Plug-in Module CS-U will start and display its control panel.
1. Open the [ArcSoft PhotoBase] folder and double-click the [ArcSoft PhotoBase] icon. PhotoBase will start. 2. Open the [File] menu and select [Import] and [CanonPI CS-U 4.1.0...]. Canon Plug-in Module CS-U will start and display its control panel. Windows & Macintosh...
2. Click the [Scan Image] button on the toolbar, or open the [Process] menu and select [Scan Image]. Canon Plug-in Module CS-U will start and display its control panel. 3. Select [Black & White] as the scan mode and [OCR(300dpi)], [OCR(400dpi)] or [OCR(600dpi)] as the output device.
You can save the album window as a file and can print it to the printer as is. Refer to the bundled “Enjoying Digital Photos” about the Canon perforated paper printing with the PhotoRecord. Canon Image Browser Canon Image Browser is a photo printing software running on Macintosh.
Precautions for Scanning at High Resolutions Please note that file sizes increase almost exponentially as the resolution is raised when scanning in color mode. Scanning at high resolutions may require more time for scanning and image processing. You are recommended to avoid raising the resolution beyond the minimum requirement to scan in color mode.
CANON LATIN AMERICA, INC. 6505 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 325 Miami, Florida 33126, U.S.A. CANON MEXICANA, S. de R.L. de C.V. Anillo Periferico Sur No. 4124, Torre Zafiro (II) Colonia Ex-Rancho de Anzaldo, Piso 5 y 6, Mexico D.F. Tel. (525) 5490-2000 CANON PANAMA, S.A.