1. Please see to it that this instruction manual reaches the actual user of the LCD remote keypad without fail. 2. Be sure to read this instruction manual carefully before installing and using the LCD remote keypad. After reading the manual, be sure to store it. RKP004Z Notice E6581323 ④...
Introduction Introduction Thank you for purchasing a LCD remote keypad (RKP004Z) designed specifically for Toshiba VF-AS1/PS1 series industrial inverters. The use of this LCD remote keypad (also referred to as the unit, the product and the remote keypad) equipped with a high-resolution liquid crystal display with back lighting makes it easier to set parameters or monitor the operation.
You can install the LCD remote keypad to the inverter or operate the inverter by remote control combining optional products. ⇒ For details, refer to “2. Installing the LCD remote keypad. ” «Installation on an inverter (no optional products required)» RKP004Z «Installation on a board» RKP004Z SBP006Z «Installation on a board (protective structure)»...
Safety precautions Safety precautions On the inverter and in its instruction manual, important information is contained for preventing injuries to users, damages to assets, and for proper use of the device. Read the instruction manual attached to the inverter along with this instruction manual to completely understand the safety precautions, the symbols and indications shown below.
Operation cannot be stopped immediately by the inverter or Remote Keypad alone, thus risking an accident or injury. ●Use the Toshiba-specified cable for connecting this optional unit. (Refer to page ⅱ.) The use of any other option may result in an accident.
Safety precautions Operations ●Do not apply a dropping shock or other physical shocks. Otherwise, damage or malfunction will result. ●Do not pull on the cable and connector It may cause damage or error. ●Even if this product is deactivated by an unusual event such as tripping, an Prohibited operating error, power outage, etc.
Contents 1. Names and functions ······················································································ 1-1 2. Installing the LCD remote keypad ································································· 2-1 2. 1 Installing the remote keypad to the inverter ········································ 2-1 2. 2 Installing the remote keypad to the board (optional)·························· 2-2 2. 3 Remote control (optional) ······································································ 2-3 3.
1. Names and functions 1. Names and functions (1) LCD panel For an explanation of windows displayed, see the next page. (2) to (5) [F1] to [F4] function keys The function of each function key varies depending on the window currently displayed.
In a value setting window, turn the dial clockwise or counterclockwise to increment or decrement the value displayed, and press the dial to confirm the value specified. Turn the dial clockwise (+) to increment the value. Turn the dial counterclockwise (-) to decrement the value. Turning the dial clockwise or counterclockwise to increment or decrement the value displayed and pressing the dial to confirm the value specified are referred to as “specify/confirm a value.”...
1. Names and functions About the change of parameter settings By default, the inverter is set with parameters to the mode in which it controls the operation of the machine via a terminal board. Moreover, the inverter is set so that the switching between forward run and reverse run cannot be performed using its operation panel.
2. Installing the LCD remote keypad The LCD remote keypad can be installed on the inverter and on the board (optional). Using this LCD remote keypad along with a dedicated interconnect cable makes it possible to operate the inverter by remote control (optional). 2.1 Installing the remote keypad to the inverter Turn off the inverter, and then follow these steps.
2. Installing the LCD remote keypad 2.2 Installing the remote keypad to the board (optional) The remote keypad can be mounted on a board by means of an IP54 attachment (optional). If an IP65 attachment (optional) is used in combination with an IP54 attachment, the remote keypad can be installed where it may be splashed with water.
2.2 Remote control (optional) Connecting the remote keypad to the inverter unit with a dedicated interconnect cable and a connector (optional) makes it possible to operate the inverter from a distant point up to 5m from it. ● Never connect the unit to any inverter other than a VF-AS1/PS1 series inverter or any communication device.
4. 標準モニタモードでの操作 3. Setting to be made when turning on the unit for the first time When the unit is turned on at the first time after purchase, the Language Selection window shown below appears on the LCD panel. In this window, select the language you want to display on the screen.
5. 標準モニタモード 4. About available modes The LCD remote keypad offers the following three modes, just as with the inverter’s main operation panel. (1) Top View Mode When the remote keypad is turned on, it enters this mode first. The top window displays the operating status. In this mode, you can set a panel operation frequency, use a function key as the EASY key, and so on.
5. Operation in Top View Mode 5. Operation in Top View Mode When the remote keypad is turned on, it enters this mode first, which allows you to monitor the operating status, set an operation frequency, use a function key as the EASY key, and switch between languages.
After selecting the position of a figure you want to change, specify/confirm another figure with the control dial. (In this example, a frequency of 30.0Hz is specified.) Functions of function keys The functions keys allow you to select the position or decimal place of each figure (operation frequency) you want to increment or decrement with the control dial.
5. Operation in Top View Mode (1) Function of switching between Quick mode and Standard Setting mode <Standard Setting mode selected when power is turned on (parameter PSEL=0)> • When power is turned on, ”Quick” is displayed. (If the [F1] key is not pressed.) When the unit enters Parameter Setup Mode in this situation, the ordinary top window of Parameter Setup Mode appears.
(4) Peak/Minimum Hold setting • “Update” is displayed. (If the [F1] key is not pressed.) The instant the [F1] key is pressed in this situation, a measurement for peak hold/minimum hold starts. When the [F1] key is pressed, “ in reverse video. (If the [F1] key is pressed.) 5.3 Selecting a language to be displayed A language to be displayed on the screen can be selected.
5. Operation in Top View Mode 5.4 Performing jog run When Panel Jog Run is selected (parameter F262=1, CMOd=1), “JOG” is displayed in the lower right corner of the window. When “JOG” is displayed, jog run can be performed using the [F4] key. The switching to jog run cannot be performed during operation.
5.5 Emergency stop/reset operation To make an emergency stop or to reset the inverter, follow these steps. An emergency stop can be made when operation is performed with the terminal board (parameter CMOd=0, 2, 3 or 4). Press the [STOP/RESET] key, which displays the blinking code “EOFF”...
6. Operation in Parameter Setup Mode 6. Operation in Parameter Setup Mode In this mode, you can set basic parameters and extended parameters. This mode also allows you to use the history function (inverter’s parameter ) and the changed parameter search function (inverter’s parameter ) easily by simply selecting the desired function from a menu.
6.2 Setting a basic parameter When Quick mode is selected using the EASY key function, skip step 1. Go straight to step 2. Select/confirm “Basic parameters” using the control dial. The Basic Parameters window appears. Functions of function keys : Brings you to the Top View Mode. : Displays the previous window.
6. Operation in Parameter Setup Mode Using the control dial, select/confirm the setting you want to change by selecting a menu item or specifying a value. (In this example, “Panel / LCD-option” is selected and confirmed or a frequency of 90.0Hz is specified and confirmed.) When the change you made is saved, the title of the parameter stops blinking and the screen...
6.4 Searching for parameters whose settings were changed (Search for changed settings) The remote keypad is capable of displaying parameters whose current settings are different from their default settings, and their current settings. Select/confirm “Changed Parameters” using the control dial. The Changed Parameters window appears.
7. Operation in Status Monitor mode 7. Operation in Status Monitor Mode In this mode, you can monitor various kinds of statuses and information, such as the operating status of the inverter, information on the terminal board, and trip information. Functions of function keys : Brings you to the Top View Mode.
7. 1 Displaying details of an item monitored Select/confirm the desired item using the control dial. (Ex. Select/confirm “Output current”) The monitor window of the item selected appears. * Depending on the item selected, no monitor window may be displayed. Functions of function keys : Brings you to the Top View Mode.
The copy function can be used when "Copy" is displayed on the upper part of the F3 key. The copy function works by the latest combination of LCD Remote Keypad (RKP004Z rev.2 or later) with the Inverter version of APP-CPU is V136 or more of VFAS1, V614 or more of VFPS1.
8. 1 Copy to LCD Push the F3 key on an initial screen and the copy mode screen is displayed. It is not possible to drive with the [RUN] key in the following 3～5 screen display. Select the memory saving group using the control dial.
8. Operation by a copy function 8. 2 Copy to inverter There is no data in LCD, and copy it to LCD at the time of purchase. (Chap.: 8.1) Push the F3 key on an initial screen and the copy mode screen is displayed. It is not possible to drive with the [RUN] key in the following 3～5 screen display.
8. 3 Confirm a memory information There is no data in LCD, and copy it to LCD at the time of purchase. (Chap.: 8.1) Push the F3 key on an initial screen and the copy mode screen is displayed. Select the memory saving group that you want to confirm using the control dial.
9. List of function key functions 10. Warranty The abbreviations and graphic symbols displayed at the bottom of the window refer to the functions of function keys, and the pressing a function key performs the corresponding function. The abbreviations and graphical symbols in the window correspond to the [F1] to [F4] keys, respectively starting from the left.
Storage temperature Relative humidity Vibration Cooling method Outside dimensions (unit: mm) Specifications RKP004Z VF-AS1/PS1 inverter unit Baud rate: 19200 bps (F800=1) Communication type: 2-wire RS485 Parity: even (F801=1) Indoors, an altitude of 3000m or less, where the product will not be exposed to direct sunlight, corrosive or explosive gases, vapor, coarse particulates including dust, and where there is no grinding fluid or grinding oil nearby...
8. Before making a service call 11. Before making a service call If a problem occurs, follow the instructions in this table to track down and eliminate the cause of the problem. Problems Nothing is displayed on the • The inverter connected is not screen....
Disconnection error • Connection may be broken message is displayed when during communication. the copy function is used. "TOSHIBA" screen is • This phenomenon appears only momentarily displayed when once when using copy function using copy function or the for the first time.
1. If the product breaks down within one year after delivery, although it is installed and handled properly, and if the breakdown is undoubtedly attributable to a defect in designing or manufacturing by Toshiba, the product shall be repaired free of charge. 2. This warranty applies only to the delivered unit.