Remote Keypad Instruction Manual RKP002Z 1. Make sure that this instruction manual is delivered to the end user of Remote Keypad. 2. Read this manual before installing or operating the Remote Keypad. Keep it in a safe place for reference.
Safety precautions On the inverter and in its instruction manual, important information is contained for preventing injuries to users, damages to assets, and for proper use of the device. Read the instruction manual attached to the inverter along with this instruction manual to completely understand the safety precautions, the symbols and indications shown below.
Operation cannot be stopped immediately by the inverter or Remote Keypad alone, thus risking an accident or injury. Use the Toshiba-specified cable for connecting this optional unit. (Refer to page 4.) The use of any other option may result in an accident.
Operations Do not apply a dropping shock or other physical shocks. Otherwise, damage or malfunction will result. Prohibited Do not pull on the cable and connector It may cause damage or error. Even if this product is deactivated by an unusual event such as tripping, an operating error, power outage, etc.
Preface Thank you for purchasing Remote Keypad (RKP002Z ) for TOSVERT series inverters. Using this product, panel operation, display and adjustment of the inverter can be remotely controlled from up to 5 meters away. You can copy data from one place to another and then execute data comparison between the inverter and the memory of Remote Keypad or between the memories of Remote Keypad itself.
Table of contents 1. Overview････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････ 6 2. Names and functions of main parts ･････････････････････････････････････････････････････････ 7 3. Connection and start-up･･･････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････ 8 4. Functions in detail ････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････････ 9 4.1. Procedure to switch the operation mode ･････････････････････････････････････････････ 9 4.2. “REMOTE KEYPAD MODE” ･･･････････････････････････････････････････････････････ 9 4.3.
1. Overview The following seven functions are available with Remote Keypad. 1. Function to serve as remote operation panel. Remote Keypad can be used as a remote operation panel for the inverter. 2. Copying function Data can be copied from one memory to another memory among the four memories, three (memories A, B, C) on Remote Keypad and one on the inverter.
2. Names and functions of main parts The drawings below show names and functions of main parts. Front view PRG lamp RUN lamp Lights when the inverter is Lights when an ON in parameter setting mode. command is issued but no frequency signal is sent out.
Operation keys and their functions in “COPY MODE” The operation key’s functions in “COPY MODE” are explained in the following table. Operation Function Memory A key (Exclusive key for simple copying) In the simple copying function, this key is used to specify memory A of Remote Keypad as the origin of transmission data.
4. Functions in detail Remote Keypad can be used as remote operation panel (“REMOTE KEYPAD MODE”) or parameter back-up device (“COPY MODE”). When the “COPY MODE” lamp is lit when turning power on, Remote Keypad operates in “COPY MODE”, otherwise in “REMOTE KEYPAD MODE”. 4.1.
4.3.1. Copying function “copy” The data stored in a memory can be copied to another memory selected from among four memories (the inverter's memory and Remote Keypad memories A, B, and C). Remote Keypad can not be used to copy parameters from one inverter to another inverter of a different series. N.B.: To copy the data to the inverter’s memory, do it when the inverter has stopped.
4.3.2. Simple copying function The data stored in the memory A, B or C of Remote Keypad can be copied to the inverter's memory with simple operation of two keys to select one of the memories A, B and C. Use this function to set the same parameters to more than two inverters.
4.3.3. Comparing function “comp” This function enables the operator to compare data stored in two memories selected from among four memories (the inverter’s memory and Remote Keypad memories A, B, and C) as well as to search for parameters that differ from each other. The comparing function cannot be used for editing parameters because it is provided only for searching parameters that differ from each other.
4.3.4. Memory protection function “prot” The memory protection function protects the selected memory from being overwritten. When this function is initiated copying data to the memory is prohibited. Reading the memory data is permitted. When all the memories are initialized by memory initialization function (clr), the LED indications are as follows: “in”, “a”, “b”, “c”...
4.3.5. Memory initializing function A selected one of the memories either memory A, B, C of Remote Keypad is enable to be initialized with this function. In addition, all memories including system memory of Remote Keypad is also enable to be initialized. Operating procedure LED indication →...
4.3.6. Remote Keypad parameter editing function This function allows the user to edit the parameters of Remote Keypad. Remote Keypad parameter list Title Function Software version f-01 displaying Automatic comparing f-02 function It is recommended to set the automatic comparing function “f-02” to “ programming errors (caused by environmental circumstances, peripheral devices, etc.) will not be automatically detected.
5. Before making a service call If a problem arises, please see the following trouble-shooting tables. If the problem can not be solved, please contact a Toshiba distributor. 5.1. Error message Malfunction indications: Indicated by flashing LED display Error Code RAM built in Remote Keypad is abnormal.
5.3. Warning indications Warning indications: Indicated by flashing LED display. Warning Code prot The target memory to copy data or to initialize is write protected. Copying any data to the memory or initializing the memory cannot be executed. Press the [ESC] key to cancel. deVe The type of device is different (different in series or voltage class or capacity of inverter).
E6581277 6. Outline drawing Following is the outline drawing of Remote Keypad (Unit: mm) - 18 -...
E6581277 Mounting Mount Remote Keypad on the front of the panel board as illustrated below. On the front of the panel board, cut the area shown below for mounting Remote Keypad. Then, fix Remote Keypad on the panel board with the mounting screws (M3 x 12) supplied as accessories. (M3 screw tightening torque: 0.6 Nּm) 16.4 10.4...
7. Specifications Item Part number RKP002Z Model with either an RS485 (2-wire type) connector or a common serial Applicable model connector (optional) with a baud rate of 9600, 19200 or 38400bps. Communication Automatic search: Baud rate: 9600, 19200, 38400bps Parity: even, odd, none...