The Control for HDMI function does not
• Check the HDMI connection (page 85).
• Make sure "Control for HDMI" is set to
"ON" in the HDMI settings menu.
• Make sure the connected component is
compatible with the Control for HDMI
• Check the Control for HDMI settings on
the connected component. Refer to the
operating instructions of the connected
• If you change the HDMI connection,
connect/disconnect the AC power cord, or
there is a power failure, repeat the
procedures of "Preparing Control for
HDMI function" (page 86).
No sound is output from the receiver
and TV speaker while using the System
Audio Control function.
• Make sure the TV is compatible with the
System Audio Control function.
• If the TV does not have System Audio
Control function, set the "Audio Out"
settings in HDMI settings menu to
– "TV+AMP" if you want to listen to the
sound from the TV speaker and receiver.
– "AMP" if you want to listen to the sound
from the receiver.
• When you connect the receiver to a video
component (projector, etc.), sound may
not be output from the receiver. In this
case, select "AMP".
• If you cannot listen to the sound of a
component connected to the receiver
– Change the input of the receiver to
HDMI when you want to watch a
program on a component connected via
HDMI connection to the receiver.
– Change the TV channel when you want
to watch a TV broadcast.
– Select the component or input you want
to watch when you watch a program on
the component connected to the TV.
Refer to the operating instructions of the
TV on this operation.
• When using the Control for HDMI
function, you cannot control the connected
component using TV's remote.
– Depending on the connected component
and TV, you may need to set up the
component and TV. Refer to the
operation instructions supplied with
each component and TV.
– Change the input of the receiver to the
HDMI input connected to the
The TV's remote commander cannot be
used to control the connected
component when using the Control for
• Change the input of the receiver to the
HDMI input connected to the component.
The FM reception is poor.
• Use a 75-ohm coaxial cable (not supplied)
to connect the receiver to an outdoor FM
antenna (aerial) as shown below. If you
connect the receiver to an outdoor antenna
(aerial), ground it against lightning. To
prevent a gas explosion, do not connect the
ground (earth) wire to a gas pipe.
Outdoor FM antenna (aerial)
wire (not supplied)