8 VENTILATION SYSTEM
(PREPARING OVEN FOR INSTALLATION)
This Microwave Oven/Hood is designed for adaptation to three
types of hood ventilation systems. Select the type required for
Recirculating — non-vented, ductless. Follow installation
procedure (A). Recirculating requires the use of the Charcoal
Filter, which has been installed in the oven.
Horizontal Exhaust — outside ventilation.
Follow installation procedure (B).
Vertical Exhaust — outside ventilation.
Follow installation procedure (C).
(A) RECIRCULATING: Non-Vented, Ductless Operation
1. The unit is shipped assembled for recirculating.
2. The Exhaust Damper Assembly is not required for recirculat-
3. Charcoal Filter, included with the unit, is required for recircu-
lating exhaust. Attach the Charcoal Filter to the upper side of
the oven by sliding into the tabs. See Figure 7. The Charcoal
Filter should be replaced every 6 to 12 months, depending
(B) HORIZONTAL EXHAUST: OUTSIDE VENTILATION
1. Remove and save 2 screws from back edge and 1 screw
from the top center of Fan Cover Bracket. Remove Fan
Cover Bracket by sliding it in the opposite direction of the
arrow on the Fan Cover Bracket, as shown in Figure 8.
2. Withdraw Hood Fan Unit carefully and slip wires out of Wire
Box. See Figure 9.
CAUTION: Do not pull or stretch hood fan wiring.
3. Rotate the Hood Fan Unit and turn end-over-end so that the
fan blade openings are facing the back of the oven. Replace
Hood Fan Unit into the oven. Be careful not to pinch the lead
wire between the inner bracket and the Hood Fan Unit. See
4. Put the lead wire into Wire Box. See Figure 11.
5. Replace the Fan Cover Bracket by sliding it into the slits in
the same direction as the arrow on the Fan Cover Bracket.
Make sure the fan blades are visible through the rear open-
ings in the oven before proceeding. Attach Fan Cover
Bracket to unit with 3 screws, which were removed in Step 1
above. See Figure 11. The Hood Fan Unit is now rotated for
horizontal exhaust operation.
6. Attach the Exhaust Damper Assembly to the back of the
Mounting Plate by sliding it into the slits in the same direction
as the arrow. See Figure 12. Use Tapping Screw 4 X 12 from
the INSTALLATION HARDWARE and tighten into place.
Fan Cover Bracket