Figure 10: D6600 with Front Panel Open
1 - Handle
2 - D6600 Front panel
8. The CPU card (Figure 11) is on the right side. The
4-pin connector is located at the bottom front
corner of the card.
The COM1 cable connects to the CPU Card.
Figure 11: Location of CPU Card
1 - 4-pin connector
2 - CPU Card
9. If you cannot feed the COM1 cable to the front,
remove the CPU Card to connect the cable.
Pull the white plastic tab on the card (Figure 12 on
page 5) and slide the card out toward you.
Bosch Security Systems, Inc. | 1/09 | 4998122715-02
D6672 | Installation Instructions | 2.0 Installation
Figure 12: Sliding Out the CPU Card
1 - Plastic tab
2 - Slide card out
10. Push out the tabs on both sides of the blue ribbon
cable to disconnect the cable. Lift the cable
connector out. Refer to Figure 13.
Figure 13: Disconnecting the Ribbon Cable
1 - Tabs (2)
2 - Ribbon cable
11. Continue to slide out the card to allow more room
to grasp the end of the COM1 connector cable
12. Connect the other end of the COM1 connector
cable (Figure 14) to the 4-pin connector at the front
bottom corner of the CPU Card (Figure 11
on page 5).