D6672 | Installation Instructions | 2.0 Installation
The blank plate is located on the rear of the D6600
Blank Plate on Rear of D6600
Detection Systems Inc.
1 - Blank Plate
To correctly install the D6672 COM1 Expansion Kit:
1. Power down the D6600. Disconnect the leads from
the battery to remove battery power. Remove AC
power by unplugging the AC cord from the outlet.
2. Remove four screws from the blank plate. The
blank plate is the second plate from the left when
viewing the receiver from the rear (Figure 7).
3. Connect COM1 connector cable to the 4-pin
connector on the inside of the COM1 plate
Connecting to 4-pin Connector on the
1 - COM1 Plate
2 - COM1 Connector
3 - Red
The connector on the D6672 is keyed so
that it can be attached only one way. The
black wire should be on top.
4 - Green
5 - Yellow
6 - Black
4. Feed the cable through the back of the D6600.
Feed the cable as close to the front of the
D6600 as possible to avoid removing the
CPU card. Refer to Step 9 on page 5.
5. Align the COM1 plate with the screw holes at the
rear of the receiver. The COM1 9-pin connector
should be on the outside of the receiver.
6. Attach the COM1 plate to the receiver by inserting
the four screws at the corners of the plate and then
securing them to the holes.
Attaching COM1 Plate to Rear of
1 - COM1 Plate
2 - Mounting Holes
3 - Mounting Screws (4)
4 - Plate Corners (4)
7. Pull the handle to open the front panel of the
D6600. Refer to Figure 10 on page 5.
Magnets hold the panel closed. When the
panel is opened, the inside of the D6600 is
Bosch Security Systems, Inc. | 1/09 | 4998122715-02