3. ADJUSTMENT / SETTINGS 3-1. Service Mode 3-2. PTT Parameter Mode 3-3. User Mode 3-4. Special Notes on Servicing 3-5. Grease application 3-6. Notes on Transportation 4. EXTERNAL VIEW / PARTS LIST 4-1. External View QY8-13CS-000 Rev. 00 Dec. 2009 Canon Inc. (1/37)
1. LIST OF ERROR DISPLAY Errors and warnings are displayed by the following ways: - Operator call errors are indicated by the Alarm lamp lit in orange, and the error and its solution are displayed on the LCD. - Messages during printing from a computer are displayed on the printer driver Status Monitor. - Error codes are printed in the "operator call/service call error record"...
Error Parts that are likely to be Error U No. Message on the LCD Solution code faulty Multiple ink  U075 Some ink cartridges Replace the wrong ink - Ink cartridge cartridges of the are not installed in cartridge(s) with the correct - Carriage unit same color place.
Error Parts that are likely to be Error U No. Message on the LCD Solution code faulty No ink (no raw  U163 Ink has run out. Replace the empty ink - Ink cartridge ink). Replace the ink cartridge(s). Printing with an - Logic board cartridge.
1-2. Service Call Errors (by Cyclic Blinking of Alarm and Power Lamps) Cycles of blinking of Error Solution Error Conditions Alarm and code (Check points and replacement items) Power LEDs 2 times Carriage error  An error occurred in the 1) Smearing or scratches on the timing carriage encoder signal.
Cycles of blinking of Error Solution Error Conditions Alarm and code (Check points and replacement items) Power LEDs 10 times VH monitor error [B200] The print head voltage is 1) Part replacement: not normal. - Ink cartridge and logic board - Power supply unit 15 times USB VBUS...
1-3. FAX Errors For errors other than those listed below, please refer to the "G3 / G4 Facsimile Error Code List (Rev. 2)" (HY8-23A0-020 in English). < User error codes > Error TX / Solution Meaning code (parts that are likely to be faulty) #001 Document jam - Document upper guide...
Error TX / Solution Meaning code (parts that are likely to be faulty) ##109 TX After DCS transmission, a signal other than DIS, DTC, FTT, CFR, or CRP has been received, and re-transmission of the procedure signal has been attempted the specified number of times but failed. ##111 TX / Memory error - Eliminate all the data, and register...
Error TX / Solution Meaning code (parts that are likely to be faulty) ##670 TX In V.8 late start, the DIS V.8 ability from the - In bit 0 of the service data #1 SSSW receiving machine was detected, and CI was sent in SW28, prohibit the V.8 / V.34 response;...
Error TX / Solution Meaning code (parts that are likely to be faulty) ##762 TX After transmitting PPS-EOM in ECM transmission, - Try a higher transmission level. DCN has been received. ##763 TX After transmitting PPS-EOM in ECM transmission, - Increase the period of time of the T5 re-transmission of the procedure signal has been time-over.
Error TX / Solution Meaning code (parts that are likely to be faulty) ##780 TX After transmitting EOR-EOM in ECM transmission, - Try a higher transmission level. no significant signal has been received, and - Increase the transmission level of the re-transmission of the procedure signal has been receiving machine.
2. MAJOR UNIT REPLACEMENT Est. time Recommended removal Unit required Adjustment / settings Operation check procedure (min.) Logic board (1) Rear cover unit - Print the EEPROM - Unified inspection (2) NCU cover information. pattern print or (3) PCB cover - Set the destination.
Est. time Recommended removal Unit required Adjustment / settings Operation check procedure (min.) Drive unit (1) Rear cover unit - Unified inspection (2) ASF tray unit pattern print or (3) Side covers L / R service test print (4) Bottom cover L (5) Damper cover unit (6) Damper rack gear (7) ADF unit...
3. ADJUSTMENT / SETTINGS 3-1. Service Mode < Service mode operation procedures > Use the Service Tool on the connected computer. Start the printer in the service mode. With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Stop button, press and hold the ON button.
Name Function Remarks Test Print Service test print Service test print: - Model name - ROM version - Ink absorber counter value (ink amount in the ink absorber) - USB serial number - Destination - EEPROM information - Barcode (model name + destination), etc. EEPROM EEPROM information print The dialog box opens to select the paper source.
Name Function Remarks (13) EEPROM Clear EEPROM initialization The following items are NOT initialized, and the shipment arrival flag is not on: - Destination settings - Ink absorber counter value - USB serial number - Ink cartridge region code - Record of ink absorber counter resetting and setting - Record of repair at the production site, etc.
< Button and LCD test > Confirm the operation after replacement of the operation panel unit or logic board. MX340: 1) Click Panel Check of the Service Tool on the connected computer. The LCD turns gray, waiting for a button to be pressed. 2) Press each button of the operation panel.
When all the 31 buttons are pressed, the color pattern is displayed on the LCD. 3) Press the OK button. The printer returns to be ready for selection of another function. < Ink absorber counter setting > Set the ink absorber counter value to a new EEPROM after the logic board is replaced in servicing. 1) Before replacement of the logic board, check the ink absorber counter value in EEPROM information print.
3-2. PTT Parameter Mode Enter the PTT parameter mode in the user mode as below. (The PTT parameter mode cannot be entered in the service mode.) In the user mode, press the SCAN button to enter the scan mode. 2-a) Press #, 9, 7, 6, 9, # to enter the PTT parameter mode. 2-b) Press #, 9, 7, 6, 8, # to print the PTT parameter setting value.
< #1 BIT SWITCH > In the #1 BIT SWITCH menu, the following screen is displayed: #1 BIT SWITCH SW#01 00000000 Each time the OK button is pressed, the SW# changes from 01 to 20. Be cautious not to select the SW numbers which are not used in servicing. - The SW numbers used in servicing: SW# 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 13 - The SW numbers not used in servicing (as of December 2009):...
PTT parameter print sample for the MX350 US model: (21/37)
3-3. User Mode Function Procedures Remarks Nozzle check pattern Perform via the printer operation Set a sheet of plain paper (A4 or Letter) in printing panel, or from the printer driver the rear tray. Maintenance tab. Print head cleaning Perform via the printer operation Unclogging of the print head nozzles, and panel, or from the printer driver maintenance to keep the print head...
3-4. Special Notes on Servicing (1) Carriage rail and main chassis adjustment < Carriage rail > Perform the following adjustments when attaching the carriage rail: 1) Before loosening the screws, mark their positions on the rail. In attaching the carriage rail, make sure that the screws fit to the marks made in step 1) respectively, then fasten the screws.
Whole Replacement is for heavy users since once Whole Replacement is performed, the printer allows users to output approx.17, 000 pages. However, approx. 60 minutes is necessary to operate Whole Replacement. Difficulties Print yield after replacement Partial Replacement Low (approx. 13 min.) Approx.
iii. Attach new absorbers (QC2-9603/QC2-9604) to the printer. Insert QC2-9603 into A; then slide QC2-9603 to B and then, insert QC2-9604. Set the ink absorber counter value to 40% (so that the printer can absorb 60% more). 2) Whole replacement Remove the external housing and printer unit, then replace all the ink absorbers (total: 6).
(4) Scanner unit removal Remove the ADF first. Then while pressing the tabs on the both sides of the scanner unit inward (indicated by the red arrows in the photo below), lift the scanner unit on one side, then the other. (5) PCB connector layout and flexible cable wiring <...
(6) Ink mist cleaning In repair servicing, using a soft and dry cloth or tissue, wipe ink mist off from both the inside and outside of the printer, especially from the ink cartridge locking covers (A in the photo below) and the inside of the tray (B in the photo below).
(8) Sensors Carriage Encoder Sensor ASF / PE Sensor DES / DS Sensor Cover Open Sensor LF Encoder Sensor Sensor Function Possible problem DES / DS sensor Detects paper feeding and ejection from the - No paper in the ADF ADF.
FD LINK FD LINK C MOLYKOTE PG-641 MOLYKOTE PG-641 Sliding portion: 4.5 to 9 mg x 1 location Over the entire surface where the cam slides: Apply grease from this side. 9 to 18 mg FD LINK A MOLYKOTE PG-641 Sliding portions: 4.5 to 9 mg x 2 locations EJECT TRAY BACK MOLYKOTE PG-641...