4.5 Line Set Installation (cont.)
4.5.2 Relative Location of Indoor and Outdoor Units
22.214.171.124 Outdoor Unit Level or Near Level to Indoor Coil Line Set
For applications with the outdoor unit and indoor
unit on the same level the following is required:
• Insulated liquid line in unconditioned space only.
• Insulated vapor line full length.
• Vapor line should slope toward the indoor unit.
(Reference Figure 3)
REFERENCE TABLE 2 FOR
MAXIMUM LENGTH LIMITATIONS
INSULATED VAPOR LINE FULL LENGTH
• Follow the proper line sizing, maximum linear
• Verify at least 5°F [2.8°C] sub-cooling at the
IDEALLY, LINE SET SLOPES AWAY
FROM OUTDOOR UNIT. VERIFY
SUB-COOLING PRIOR TO EXPANSION
DEVICE, INSULATED LIQUID LINE IN
UNCONDITIONED SPACE FOR
LONG LINE APPLICATIONS.
and equivalent length, charging requirements,
and oil level adjustments spelled out in this docu-
indoor unit prior to expansion device.