Notes for Cleaning
• When removing a shelf or drawer from inside
the appliance, remove all stored foods from
the shelf or drawer to prevent injury or
damage to the appliance.
− Otherwise, injury may occur due to the
weight of stored foods.
• If cleaning the outside air vents of the
appliance by means of vacuuming, then the
power cord should be unplugged from the
outlet to avoid any static discharge that can
damage the electronics or cause an electric
• Detach the shelves and drawers and clean
them with water, and then dry them
sufficiently, before replacing them.
• Regularly wipe the door gaskets with a wet
• Door basket spills and stains should be
cleaned as they can compromise storage
ability of the basket and could even be
• After cleaning, check if the power cable is
damaged, warm or improperly plugged.
• Keep the air vents on the exterior of the
− Blocked air vents can cause fire or appliance
• When cleaning the inside or outside of the
appliance, do not wipe it with a rough brush,
toothpaste, or flammable materials. Do not
use cleaning agents containing flammable
− This may cause discoloration or damage to
− Flammable substances: alcohol (ethanol,
methanol, isopropyl alcohol, isobutyl alcohol,
etc.), thinner, bleach, benzene, flammable
liquid, abrasive, etc.
• For the appliance exterior, use a clean sponge
or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm
water. Do not use abrasive or harsh cleaners.
Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
• Never clean the shelves or containers in the
− The parts may become deformed due to the
• Clean regularly surfaces that can come in
contact with food and accessible drainage
• If the appliance is equipped with an LED
lamp, do not remove lamp cover and LED
lamp in any attempt to repair or service it.
Please, contact an LG Electronics customer
Cleaning the Condenser
Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush to clean the
condenser cover and vents. Do not remove the
panel covering the condenser coil area.
Replacing the Pure N Fresh
Filter ( * )
To maintain the performance of the Pure N
Fresh filter, if a message indicating the filter
replacement is displayed, replace the filter as
soon as possible.
If Replace icon lights on the control panel,
replace the Pure N Fresh filter.