Overview Piling up the LED units, various sizes of the direct view LED walls can be configured. 1. Product line Main Products Power unit / HD stack Range Model LED unit Control unit Servicing Adapter height VS-12NP180FD Even 12NP180F VS-12NP180F Front VS-12NP180FH 12NP180...
Physical installation 1. Safety precaution This product requires special installation to Unplug immediately if there is something wrong prevent falling or toppling. This should be done with your product. by installation specialists. Be careful not to twist or bend the LED surface. ...
2. Preparation Necessary network cables Prepare the following commercially-available network cables. The length and quantity vary depending on the system configurations. Up to 10 m: CAT 7 network cables control unit to LED units Up to 15 m: CAT 7 solid conductor or CAT 7A network cables For video Up to 20 m: Mitsubishi confirmed network cables...
Connection diagram Before installation, calculate necessary cable length for external connection to prepare them. 12NP180 For even numbers of full HD stack height (an example of 2x2 full HD resolution) Adapter x3 VS-12NP180* VS-12NP180*D VS-12NP180* Control unit x1 Network switch Wallaby For odd numbers of full HD stack height (an example of 2x1 full HD resolution) Adapter x3...
15NP180 An example for 4K resolution Adapter x3 Control unit x1 Network switch Wallaby Numbers mentioned in this diagram are for a full HD resolution. Store-bought network cables (p. 6) Optional AC power cords from outlet Optional AC power cords Supplied AC power cords Supplied AC power cords NP180/160 Series Setup Manual...
15NP160 An example for 4K resolution Power unit x3 Control unit x1 Wallaby Network switch Numbers mentioned in this diagram are for a full HD resolution. Store-bought network cables (p. 6) Optional AC power cords Optional DC power cords Supplied DC power cords Supplied control cables Physical installation...
Connection details Connect the cables in between the LED units while LED unit mounting (p. 14). Image signal cables Connection rules With the store-bought network cables (p. 6), create One control unit displays up to the full HD a close loop from OUT to IN in each output channel resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels).
Power cords The power units / adapters can be connected to any LED units in any order. Create an open loop from each adapter in 180 Series or power unit in 160 Series through the LED units. Choose suitable length of the optional power cords (p.
Between control units Control unit to power units (160 When using multiple control units, cascade them Series) with the control cables that are supplied with the With the store-bought network cables (p. 6), control units. connect a control unit and the power units that work for its displaying area.
Unit placing Adapter (180 Series) Power unit (160 Series) Can be located on the back side of the LED units in If the power units are put on end, they should be either orientation as below. Fix them with two placed horizontally long, not vertically long due to screws supplied with the adapters.
3. LED unit mounting Base stand Prepare a suitable base stand that fit into the Insert adjustment screws on the base stand. installation site. The screws are supplied with the LED units. By means of a level, adjust the surface on the ...
15NP160 Insert 2 supplied adjustment screws to the top part of the LED unit and lightly fix them with the Even column Odd column supplied nuts from the other end. Adjustment screw x2 Control unit Control unit Place the second LED unit and fix it with 4 fixing Power unit screws lightly as the unit can still move.
Insert another adjustment screw on the top Repeat the steps to mount all the bottom row border of the two LED units and turn the screw LED units. to align the upper LED surfaces of the LED units 10. Prior to mounting the second bottom row, to be flat.
12. Connect the necessary cables to the LED units to be located in the second bottom row beforehand. 12NP180 Even column Odd column Lower LED units 15NP180 Even column Odd column 14. Connect the inter connection cables from the lower LED unit to the upper unit. Lower LED units 15NP160 Even column...
Boundary check Fixing to the wall and floor Recheck the boundaries between the LED units. To prevent the LED wall from falling due to unpredictable events such as earthquakes or shocks, Turn on (p. 21) the units and display “50 % fix them firmly to the back wall and the floor.
Electrical adjustment 1. Initial setting DIP switch on power unit (160 Series) Set the DIP switch on the power unit adequately Assign always from ID 1. For instance, when you according to system configurations. use 2 control units, each of which has 3 power units (6 power units in total), assign ID 1 to ID 3 for each.
DIP switch on control unit Set the DIP switch on the control unit adequately With the DIP switches #1 to 4, the last byte of according to system configurations. the IP address can be set in the range of 32 to 47.
Turning-on Adapter (180 Series) When you turn on the main power switch, the two status indicators start lighting in blue showing starting up process (p. 48). It takes Breaker about 1 minute for the standby state and changes to one green indicator. To supply the power to the connected LED units, follow either way.
Wallaby setup “Wallaby for NP” is a software program that sets up the LED walls. It works with Microsoft ® Windows ® 7 or later. Menu tabs Adjustment menus Panel area Control unit select area Input memory list Display memory list Installation Execute the installation file on a computer to install the Wallaby software.
2. Basic setting Configuration At the beginning, specify the system configuration in the following order. ID and IP address To commutate with the control units, Wallaby needs to know the destination IP addresses. Allocate the destination IP addresses that have been assigned on these control units (p.
Select the LED units to use and check the Follow the procedure below if you change such “Enable” box. starting values of the sequential IP addresses. Enabled LED units show “99”. Allocate Select the upper left panel on the panel area sequential numbers with the “Sequential or control unit select area.
By switching the control units in the “Control If you click the “Sequential Numbering” button unit” column, repeat the steps for other areas again, the numbers will be re-assigned from according to the display configuration. the top left corners. When all the ID numbers of the LED units are ...
Color calibration memory Do not operate Wallaby during the process. (The test patterns can be displayed although it may take time to switch displaying.) After confirming the process is completed, close the “Acquisition Calibration Data” window with the “Close” button. The following window appears.
Click the border to compensate. You also can adjust one side of the border. Click either side of the border to adjust after selecting the border. To adjust the edge brightness on multiple control units, adjust each side separately. Change brightness level...
Repeat the step till you get an appropriate Color calibration memory saving result. Once completed all the necessary compensation, save all the compensated values in the control unit. You can modify multiple border values and the “Send” button reflects all the result at a time. Select the control units that include the adjusted LED units and click the “Save in Control Unit”...
Input memory The input memory can detect input signal formats Window arrangement and display the image precisely. The following basic You can display the image in the specified size. The setting is enough to display the most of the display memory has the same setting (p. 30). standard image formats.
Display memory The display memory function can set a displaying Window arrangement image size of the input signals. For instance, a Tile smaller resolution image can be displayed full- It displays the input signal full-screen on each screen on a bigger size of an LED wall and vice control unit display area.
Position, size The position and size of the displaying image also can be specified by numbers. Aspect ratio It sets if the aspect ratio is maintained when you Screen mute change the image size. The initial setting is Keep. It turns the images to black, which can be useful to Super resolution filter turn off the images temporalily.
3. Advanced setting (when necessary) The following items can be customized as necessary including the active power peak saving function (p. 33). Detailed system memory setting Surely click the “Save” button after you change the Contrast and brightness menus in input memory settings to store them in the control units (p.
Misc. 1 tab If a certain level of brighter content is detected in one of the control unit areas that have been set “On (all)”, all these areas will be dimmed with keeping the uniformity among them. Brighter area Set the same percentage in the “power control level”...
Redundancy Misc. 2 tab It automatically switches to a specified secondary image when the displaying image loses the signal, which is mentioned “no signal” hereafter. The initial setting is OFF. If no signal is detected in one of the control unit areas that have been set “On (all)”, all these areas will switch to the secondary images.
DVI setting Case 2: Set the Equalizer value 0 when the image is correctly displayed in Equalizer 0 and When an HDCP signal such as Blu-ray images is not 1 but not in Equalizer 2. displayed correctly, the “DVI mode” ON setting may improve it.
Detailed input memory setting The following items are automatically adjusted Aspect ratio optimally at input signal auto-scanning. You can It modifies the aspect ratio of the input signal. The modify them manually to display more complicated initial setting is “Auto”. The “Auto” setting follows signal types according to the necessity.
OPS computer setting You can turn on/off the OPS computer linked with the control unit turning-on/off. A mouse and a keyboard are needed for the initial setting. Select “OPS” in the “Input terminal” menu in the input memory in Wallaby (p. 29). Push the power switch on the OPS computer to turn it on.
Wallaby menu bar The menu bar in Wallaby has the following functions. Read Calibration Data from Control File unit Reads out the color data in all the control units to Wallaby. The “Read from Control Unit” menu in the “Maintenance”...
Maintenance 1. LED module replacement In case of a failure, each LED module in an LED unit can be replaced in the following way. An LED unit consists of 4 LED modules. During the work, be careful not to make an impact or apply pressure on the LED surface and the edges. Front maintenance models Each LED module has 2 screws on its back that can ...
The blue marks move up and down along with Detach the module. the magnetic plates. The marks get visible as the plates move away from the surface. Take a measure not to drop the tool when working in high places. Gently put the detachment tool on the LED module to be removed, considering the location of the 2 screws behind the module.
11. Connect the removed 2 connectors to the new 13. Before fixing completely, slightly move around module. the position of the module to minimize the gaps evenly between the adjacent modules by means of thickness of the spacers. The gap width can be more recognizable if you light up the LED modules.
One person removes these 3 screws from the Reverse the steps to attach a new module. Put rear side and another person standing in front the module in a precise location with careful of the LED unit supports the LED module. attention not to hit the adjacent LED modules Before fixing completely, slightly move the position of the module to minimize the gaps...
2. Boundary adjustment The boundaries between the LED modules can be Insert the spacers into wider boundary and adjusted when necessary while LED unit mounting underneath the module. (p. 14) or after LED module replacement (p. 39). The standard gap width between the LED Adjust them combining with edge brightness modules are 0.125 mm for 12NP and 0.19 mm compensation (p.
3. Color adjustment After the LED module replacement (p.39) or when In the panel area, select the control unit that fine tuning is needed after the color calibration at includes the LED module / LED unit to be the initial setup (p. 26), you can adjust the color on adjusted.
Change brightness level with Double-clicking an LED module / LED unit on “Coefficient” menu. Wallaby shows a crosshatched pattern on the actual display briefly so that you can check the location where you’re adjusting (p. 27). 10. Click the “Send” button on the bottom of the window to reflect the result on the LEDs.
4. Circuit board replacement In case of a failure on a circuit board behind the LED units, you can replace it in the following way. Front maintenance model Remove 12 screws and you can take out the tray that holds all the circuit boards. Remove all 4 LED modules (p.
5. Status information Information menu The detailed information of each unit is shown in the “Information” menu. System status tab Power unit status (160 Series) Error information tab LED unit status In 180 Series, the right-click menu can turn on/off each LED unit.
Status indicators Control unit The combination of 2 indicators shows a type of malfunction. You can identify which power unit (160 Series) or LED unit has a failure in the “error information” tab in Wallaby (p. 47). Indicators Blinking Status A power unit The control...
Revision history Description Revision date Added the standard gap description for 12NP (P. 43) Rev. 2.2 Mar. 29, 2019 Deleted an example of adjustment plates on the base (p. 14) Added the new model, 12NP180. Rev. 2.1 Dec. 27, 2018 Added the new model, 15NP180.