7. Place thermal carafe all the way into the coffeemaker so
that you can see the white line in front of the carafe (E).
Important: Carafe must be positioned correctly for unit to
8. Press the ON/OFF button once. On indicator light turns
green. To preset an automatic brew time, see
"Programming for Auto-Brew" section.
9. When brewing is complete, the coffeemaker automatically shuts off.
Important: The plate underneath the carafe does not heat up the coffee.
The thermal carafe keeps coffee warm as long as the lid stays properly closed.
10. To pour coffee, turn the carafe lid until the POUR arrow aligns with the arrow
on the carafe spout. Keep lid closed tightly to keep coffee warm.
USING THERMAL CARAFE
• For best performance, rinse the carafe with warm water before brewing.
This brings up the temperature and improves the carafe's thermal properties.
• Coffee is brewed directly into carafe through the closed brew thru lid. Always
check that lid is properly in place when brewing. Coffee may overflow if lid
is not properly in place. See instructions in "Brewing a Pot of Coffee."
• The carafe keeps coffee hot up to 4 hours so you can leave it away from
coffeemaker for serving. Always check that lid is properly closed in place
when not in use, this will ensure that coffee stays hot. See instructions in
"Sneak-a-Cup® Interrupt Coffeemaker Feature."
Sneak-A-Cup® INTERRUPT FEATURE
You can pour a cup of coffee while coffee is brewing.
1. Remove carafe from coffeemaker.
Important: To avoid a possible overflow after removing carafe, be sure to place it
back under brew basket in 30 seconds or less.
2. Twist carafe lid counterclockwise until pour arrow on lid
aligns with arrow on carafe spout (F).
Important: To prevent the lid from falling off, do not turn
the arrow on the lid beyond the arrow on the spout.
3. When finished pouring coffee, twist carafe lid clockwise
until it is tight.
4. Place carafe under brew basket. The brewing process continues.
PROGRAMMING THE COFFEEMAKER FOR AUTO-BREW (G)
1. Press the PROG button once; the PROG light blinks red
and BREW appears on the digital display.
2. Immediately, press the HOUR and MIN buttons until you
reach desired brew time.
3. Wait a few seconds for the red PROG light to go out then press the ON/OFF
button once. The green ON light illuminates.
4. Press the ON/OFF button a second time. The red PROG light illuminates and
AUTO appears on the digital display. Your coffeemaker will start brewing when
it reaches the preset time.
Important: You can verify the preset time by pressing the PROG button. However
this will cancel the Auto-Brew mode. To activate the Auto-Brew function again,
repeat steps 3 and 4.
• You can cancel the Auto-Brew function at any time by pressing the ON/OFF
button again (the red PROG light goes out).
• If you unplug the unit for a few hours, you will have to program it again for
Care and Cleaning
This appliance contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
Caution: Do not overexpose the control panel to water. It is not waterproof. Water
may cause permanent damage and make coffeemaker inoperable.
1. Be sure the unit is unplugged and cooled.
2. Open the one-piece cover.
3. To remove the brew basket, grip the handle and turn
counterclockwise toward (
are aligned with the grooves then pull brew basket
straight up (H).
4. Discard the paper filter with the grounds.
5. Wash the brew basket and carafe lid in the dishwasher,
top rack or by hand in warm, sudsy water.
6. Wipe the exterior of the thermal carafe and the
coffeemaker with a soft damp cloth. Do not use abrasive
cleaners or scouring pads. Never immerse the
coffeemaker in water.
7. To clean the inside of the thermal carafe (J), wash in
warm sudsy water, rinse well and allow to air dry.
8. To clean the water reservoir wipe the surfaces with a damp cloth.
MAINTAINING YOUR COFFEEMAKER
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Cleaning is
recommended every 3 months.
Excessive steaming or a prolonged brewing cycle is a sign that cleaning is needed.
During cleaning, more steaming occurs than when brewing coffee and there may
be some spitting.
1. Lift the one-piece cover and pour white vinegar into the water reservoir up to
the 4-cup level mark on the water window. Add cold water up to the 6-cup
2. Put a paper filter into the brew basket. Close the one-piece cover.
3. Place the thermal carafe all the way into the coffeemaker, under the brew
basket, and plug the unit in.
4. Press the Auto/On/Off button twice and let half of the vinegar solution brew
into the thermal carafe (until the solution level in the water window goes down
to "3"). Turn off the coffeemaker and let it soak for at least 15 minutes to soften
5. Turn on the coffeemaker and brew the remaining cleaning solution into the
) until the side posts