7. Grasp small handle on brew basket and swing brew
basket closed until you hear a "click" (G).
8. Close thermal carafe lid by pressing down and turning
it until tightly closed (H).
Important: Check that carafe lid is properly in place. Coffee
may overflow if lid is not properly in place.
9. Place carafe into coffeemaker (J).
10. Press the ON/OFF (1/0) button once. On indicator
light turns green. To preset an automatic brew time,
see "Programming the Coffeemaker for Auto-Brew."
Important: Do not open swing brew basket while brewing.
11. When brewing is complete, coffeemaker automatically
shuts off and green ON indicator light goes out.
12. To pour coffee, turn the carafe lid until the POUR
arrow aligns with the arrow on the carafe warm-spout.
Keep lid closed tightly to keep coffee.
Sneak-A-Cup® INTERRUPT FEATURE
You can pour a cup of coffee while coffee is brewing.
1. Remove carafe from coffeemaker.
Important: To avoid a possible overflow after removing
carafe, be sure to place it back under brew basket in
30 seconds or less.
2. Twist carafe lid counterclockwise until pour arrow on lid
aligns with arrow on carafe spout (K).
Important: To prevent the lid from falling off, do not turn
the arrow on the lid beyond the arrow on the spout.
3. When finished pouring coffee, twist carafe lid clockwise
until it is tight.
4. Place carafe under brew basket. The brewing process
USING THERMAL CARAFE
• For best performance, rinse the carafe with warm water before brewing.
This brings up the temperature and improves the carafe's thermal properties.
• Coffee is brewed directly into carafe through the closed brew thru lid. Always
check that lid is properly in place when brewing. Coffee may overflow if lid
is not properly in place. See instructions in "Brewing a Pot of Coffee."
• The carafe keeps coffee hot up to 4 hours so you can leave it away from
coffeemaker for serving. Always check that lid is properly closed in place
when not in use, this will ensure that coffee stays hot. See instructions in
"Sneak-a-Cup® Interrupt Coffeemaker Feature."
PROGRAMMING THE COFFEEMAKER FOR AUTO-BREW (M)
1. Press the PROG button once; the PROG light blinks red
and BREW appears on the digital display.
2. Immediately, press the HOUR and MIN buttons until you
reach desired brew time.
3. Wait a few seconds for the red PROG light to go out then press the ON/OFF
button once. The green ON light illuminates.
4. Press the ON/OFF button a second time. The red PROG light illuminates and
AUTO appears on the digital display. Your coffeemaker will start brewing when
it reaches the preset time.
Important: You can verify the preset time by pressing the PROG button. However
this will cancel the Auto Brew mode. To activate the Auto-Brew function again,
repeat steps 3 and 4.
• You can cancel the Auto-Brew function at any time by pressing the ON/OFF
button again (the red PROG light goes out).
• If you unplug the unit for a few hours, you will have to program it again for
Care and Cleaning
This appliance contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
Caution: Do not overexpose the control panel to water. It is not waterproof. Water
may cause permanent damage and make coffeemaker inoperable.
1. Be sure the unit is unplugged and cooled.
2. Grasp small handle on brew basket and swing open.
3. To remove brew basket, pull out pivoting hinge from
brew basket holder (N).
4. Discard the paper filter with the grounds.
5. Wash the brew basket and carafe lid in the dishwasher,
top-rack only or hand-wash in warm, sudsy water.
6. Wipe the exterior of the thermal carafe and coffeemaker
with a soft damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners or
scouring pads. Never immerse the coffeemaker in water.
7. Insert brew basket into holder and swing closed.
8. To clean the inside of the thermal carafe (P) and the
water reservoir, wash in warm sudsy water, rinse well
and allow to air dry.
MAINTAINING YOUR COFFEEMAKER
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Cleaning is
recommended every 3 months.
1. Remove water reservoir, open the lid and pour white vinegar into the water
reservoir up to the 4-cup level mark on the water window. Add cold water
up to the 6-cup line.
2. Using the small handle on the brew basket, swing open.
3. Insert paper filter into brew basket. Swing brew basket closed.
4. Place the carafe with lid secured, all the way into the coffeemaker.
Plug in the unit.
5. Press the ON/OFF (1/0) button twice, green brewing "ON" light illuminates.
6. Let half of the vinegar solution brew into the carafe (until the solution level
in the water window goes down to "3." Press the ON/OFF (1/0) button again
to turn off the coffeemaker and let it soak for at least 15 minutes to soften