2. UNIT DESCRIPTION
Liquid chiller with remote condensation
Water-cooled indoor unit for producing chilled water, with con-
nection to a remote condenser ﬁ tted with hermetic rotary scroll
compressors running on R410A, braised-welded plate exchang-
ers and a thermostatic expansion valve. Base and panelling in
hot-galvanised and painted sheet steel.
2.1 Standard unit composition
Base and frame in hot-galvanised shaped sheet steel with a
External panelling in PET-treated colaminate sheet, suitably
thick, built to allow total access to the internal components,
ventilation of the compressor chamber (standard for NECS-ME
0152..0612, option for all the other units). Acoustic insulation
of the panel with 30 mm thick Fiberform available as an acces-
sory. Panels ﬁ xed with metric screws (not self-tapping).
Main components of the refrigerant circuit:
- single-circuit unit with two compressors in a tandem conﬁ gu-
ration (NECS-ME 0152..0612)
- twin-circuit unit with two compressors in a tandem conﬁ gura-
tion on both circuits (NECS-ME 0612..1604)
- R410A refrigerant
- mechanical thermostatic valves
- dryer ﬁ lter,
- refrigerant line sight glass with humidity indicator
- high pressure safety valve
- low pressure safety valve
- high and low pressure transducers
- high and low pressure gauges on all circuits (NECS-ME
Rotary hermetic scroll compressor in a tandem layout complete
with oil sump heater, electronic overheating protection with cen-
tralised manual reset and a two-pole electric motor.
User side exchanger
AISI 316 steel braze-welded plate exchanger. The heat ex-
changer is insulated with a closed-cell condensation proof
lining in neoprene. When the unit is working, it is protected
against lack of ﬂ ow by a differential pressure switch mounted
on the water side. The unit can work with antifreeze mixtures at
exchanger outlet temperatures as low as -8°C.
Electric power and control panel
Electric power and control panel, built to EN 60204-1/EC 204-1
standards, complete with:
- control circuit transformer,
- general door lock isolator,
- circuit breakers on loads (NECS-ME 0152..0612)
- numbered electric cables (NECS-ME 0152..0612)
- auxiliary signal 4..2OmA for unit operating setpoint offset
- Keyboard with multi-language interface and LCD display
- remote ON/OFF terminals
- spring terminals
- pump enable relays (only for units without a standard hydronic
- manual and automatic pump rotation system in case pumps
stop (only for units with a two-pump hydronic unit)
- automatic pump operation rotation system for balancing oper-
ating hours (only for units with a two-pump hydronic unit)
- terminals for cumulative alarm block (BCA)
- input voltage: 400V~ ±10% - 50Hz - 3N.
2.2 Certiﬁ cation, Reference standards
The machine complies with the following directives and their
- 2006/42/EC Machinery Directive.
- E.C.D. 89/336/EEC + 2004/108/EC.
- 2006/95/EC Low Voltage Directive.
- 97/23/EC Pressure Equipment Directive. Module A1. TÜV-
Tests performed throughout the production process, as indicat-
ed in ISO9001. Performance or noise tests can be performed
by highly qualiﬁ ed staff in the presence of customers.
Performance tests include the measurement of:
- electrical speciﬁ cations
- water ﬂ ow rates
- operating temperatures
- power input
- power output
- pressure drops on the water side exchanger both at full load
(at selection conditions and at the most critical conditions for
the condenser) and at part load conditions.
During performance testing the main alarm states can also be
Noise tests are performed to check noise emissions according