15. ENERGY EFFICIENCY..................... 37 FOR PERFECT RESULTS Thank you for choosing this AEG product. We have created it to give you impeccable performance for many years, with innovative technologies that help make life simpler features you might not find on ordinary appliances. Please spend a few minutes reading to get the very best from it.
ENGLISH SAFETY INFORMATION Before the installation and use of the appliance, carefully read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible for any injuries or damages that are the result of incorrect installation or usage. Always keep the instructions in a safe and accessible location for future reference.
Always use oven gloves to remove or put in • accessories or ovenware. Before carrying out any maintenance, disconnect the • appliance from the power supply. Ensure that the appliance is switched off before • replacing the lamp to avoid the possibility of electric shock.
ENGLISH • All electrical connections should be • This appliance is for household use made by a qualified electrician. only. • The appliance must be earthed. • Do not change the specification of • Make sure that the parameters on the this appliance.
• Before carrying out a Pyrolitic self- heating. cleaning function or the First Use • Always cook with the oven door please remove from the oven cavity: closed. – any excess food residues, oil or •...
ENGLISH 2.6 Internal lighting • Use original spare parts only. 2.8 Disposal WARNING! Risk of electric shock. WARNING! Risk of injury or suffocation. • The type of light bulb or halogen lamp used for this appliance is for • Disconnect the appliance from the household appliances only.
4. CONTROL PANEL 4.1 Electronic programmer Use the sensor fields to operate the oven. Sensor Function Comment field Display Shows the current settings of the oven. ON / OFF To turn on and off the oven. Heating Functions Press the sensor field to choose the menu: Rec- or Recipes ipes or Heating Functions.
ENGLISH Sensor Function Comment field Time and addi- To set different functions. When a heating func- tional functions tion operates, press the sensor field to set the tim- er or the functions: Function Lock, Favourites, Heat + Hold, Set + Go. You can also change the settings of the core temperature sensor.
Symbol Function Heat + Hold The function is on. 5. BEFORE FIRST USE the language, the display contrast, the WARNING! display brightness and the time of the Refer to Safety chapters. day. 5.1 Initial Cleaning 1. Press to set the value.
ENGLISH Symbol / Menu Application Symbol / Menu Description item item Used to set the appli- Adjusts the display ance configuration. contrast by degrees. Basic Settings Display Contrast Contains a list of addi- Adjusts the display tional heating func- brightness by degrees. Specials Display Bright- tions.
6.3 Heating Functions Heating func- Application tion Heating func- Application tion This function is de- signed to save energy To bake on up to three during cooking. For shelf positions at the Moist Fan Baking the cooking instruc- same time and to dry True Fan Cook- tions refer to "Hints...
ENGLISH 6.5 Setting a heating function Heating func- Application 1. Turn on the oven. tion 2. Select the menu: Heating Functions. To preheat plates for 3. Press to confirm. serving. 4. Select a heating function. 5. Press to confirm. Plate Warming 6.
7. CLOCK FUNCTIONS 7.1 Clock functions table 7.2 Setting the clock functions Before you use the Clock function Application functions: Duration, End Time, you must set a heating To set a countdown Minute function and temperature (max. 2 h 30 min). This Minder first.
ENGLISH The function stays on if you change the 1. When the cooking time ends, a heating function. signal sounds. Press any symbol. The display shows the message. 7.4 Time Extension 2. Press to turn on or to cancel. 3. Set the length of the function. The function: Time Extension makes the heating function continue after the end 4.
5. Set the heating function and, if necessary, the oven temperature. The oven calculates an approximate end time. The end time is different for the different quantities of the food, the set oven temperatures (minimum 120 °C) and the operating modes. The oven calculates the end time in approximately 30 minutes.
ENGLISH You can use the trivet to roast larger pieces of meat or poultry on one shelf position. °C 1. Put the trivet into the deep pan so that the supports of the wire shelf point up. 2. Put the wire shelf on the telescopic runners and carefully push them into the oven.
10.3 Function Lock The display shows the first free memory position. This function prevents an accidental 5. Press to confirm. change of the heating function. You can 6. Enter the name of the programme. turn it on only when the oven works.
ENGLISH 10.5 Automatic Switch-off • Day brightness: – when the oven is turned on. For safety reasons the oven turns off – if you touch a symbol during the automatically after some time if a heating night brightness (apart from ON / function works and you do not change OFF), the display goes back to any settings.
Leave the meat for approximately 15 setting, cooking time, etc.) for your minutes before carving so that the juice cookware, recipes and quantities when does not seep out. you use this appliance. To prevent too much smoke in the oven 11.2 Inner side of the door...
ENGLISH Food Conventional Cooking True Fan Cooking Time (min) Comments Tempera- Shelf posi- Tempera- Shelf posi- ture (°C) tion ture (°C) tion Plum cake 50 - 60 In a bread tin. Preheat the oven for 10 mi- nutes Biscuits / 140 - 150 30 - 35 In a baking...
Bread and pizza Food Conventional Cooking True Fan Cooking Time (min) Comments Tempera- Shelf posi- Tempera- Shelf posi- ture (°C) tion ture (°C) tion White 60 - 70 1 - 2 bread pieces, 0.5 per piece. Preheat the oven...
ENGLISH Food Conventional Cooking True Fan Cooking Time (min) Comments Tempera- Shelf posi- Tempera- Shelf posi- ture (°C) tion ture (°C) tion Quiches 50 - 60 In a mould. Preheat the oven for 10 mi- nutes Lasagne 180 - 190 180 - 190 25 - 40 In a mould.
ENGLISH Food Accessories Temperature Shelf posi- Time (min) (°C) tion Cookies, 16 baking tray or dripping 20 - 30 pieces Macaroons, 20 baking tray or dripping 25 - 35 pieces Muffins, 12 baking tray or dripping 30 - 40 pieces Savory pastry, baking tray or dripping 25 - 30...
11.8 Defrost Food Quantity Defrosting Further defrost- Comments (kg) time (min) ing time (min) Chicken 100 - 140 20 - 30 Place the chicken on an upturned saucer placed on a large plate. Turn halfway through. Meat 100 - 140 20 - 30 Turn halfway through.
ENGLISH Vegetables Food Temperature (°C) Cooking time until Continue to cook at simmering (min) 100 °C (min) 160 - 170 50 - 60 5 - 10 Carrots Cucumbers 160 - 170 50 - 60 Mixed pickles 160 - 170 50 - 60 5 - 10 Kohlrabi / Peas / As- 160 - 170...
ENGLISH Food Function Accesso- Shelf Tem- Time (min) Comments ries posi- pera- tion ture (°C) Fatless- True Fan Wire shelf 2 40 - 50 Use a cake mould ponge Cooking / (26 cm diameter). cake Fan Cooking Preheat the oven for 10 minutes.
Clean all accessories after each use and let them dry. Use a soft cloth with warm water and a cleaning agent. Do not clean the accessories in the dishwasher. Clean stubborn dirt with a special oven cleaner. If you have nonstick accessories, do not clean them using aggressive agents, sharp-edged objects or a dishwasher.
ENGLISH Normal 1 h 30 min for a usual de- gree of dirt Intense 2 h 30 min for a high degree of dirt 4. Press to confirm. When the pyrolytic cleaning starts, the oven door is locked and the lamp does not work.
1. Turn off the oven. Wait until the oven is cooled down. 2. Disconnect the oven from the mains. 3. Put a cloth on the bottom of the cavity. CAUTION! Always hold the halogen lamp with a cloth to prevent grease residue from burning on the lamp.
ENGLISH Problem Possible cause Remedy The oven does not heat up. The fuse is blown. Make sure that the fuse is the cause of the malfunction. If the fuse is blown again and again, contact a quali- fied electrician. The lamp does not operate. The lamp is defective.
14. INSTALLATION WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 14.1 Building In min. 550 min. 560 min. 550 min. 560 14.2 Securing the appliance to the cabinet 1. Open the appliance door. 2. Fasten the appliance to the cabinet. 3. Put the four distance holders (A) into...
PVC / PVC twin and earth 15 A min. 20 A max. 15. ENERGY EFFICIENCY 15.1 Product Fiche and information according to EU 65-66/2014 Supplier's name BPK744L21M Model identification BPK744R21M Energy Efficiency Index 81.2 Energy efficiency class Energy consumption with a standard load, conven- 0.93 kWh/cycle...
30 minutes, Keep the door gasket clean and make the heating elements automatically sure it is well fixed in its position. deactivate earlier in some oven functions.